Easter Dinner

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Easter Dinner

Post by tammyfolk »

Anyone made plans for Easter yet? I've always served ham, potato salad, and cole slaw - but since the move to PA we've always gone to the in laws (Shawn says it makes his mom happy)...so I haven't had to cook an Easter meal in quite some time. This year Jackie and Miss Everly Claire will be here. I'm so excited that she gets to spend her very first Easter with me!! * any thoughts on what to put in a Easter basket for a four month old other than a stuffed animal and baby books??

Any hoo - I'm really interested in hearing what sides and desserts you serve, please share any recipes that may be relevant! I would also love to hear your Easter traditions!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Re: Easter Dinner

Post by SusieQ »

We usually do ham but just discussed yesterday with daughter that we have been having ham a lot lately so doesn't feel special so now we are trying to discuss a different meal.

Desserts are never the same. Seems we go with whatever I feel like making.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

My sister is cooking this year, or at least I think she is. Most of her grands will out of town this year but the twins will be there so the egg hunt must go on. They never ask me to host holiday meals because of the dogs, which is okay by me! :D
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

We have always gone to my in laws, but my mother in law is in poor health, so it looks like we might be starting a new tradition this year.
leslie
Prep Cook

Post by leslie »

I have no clue as to this year's plans.

As to an idea for a 4-month old's basket - a bib that says "1st Easter" would make for some good photos!
Leslie

Paper crafter, yarn crafter, grandmother, friend, Michigander,
Tiger baseball junkie.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

leslie wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:29 pm
As to an idea for a 4-month old's basket - a bib that says "1st Easter" would make for some good photos!
That's an awesome idea!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

If I were doing an Easter basket for a 4 month old I would include things helpful to mom and dad, since a 4 month old is pretty young for toys, etc. OR, cute clothes because it is tooooo much fun buying baby clothes! Bib, onesie, wipes, books, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, blah blah.

Gooey butter cake is an easy and yummy dessert. I make it and serve it as gooey butter bars at my tailgates.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8088/gooey ... -cake-iii/

I don't make this for tailgating but it is an old classic recipe that is so good - the 7 layer dessert:
https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/9 ... cale=en_US

My favorite (but not healthy) side for Easter is new potatoes in a creamy white sauce:
http://www.cooks.com/recipe/vf45p8sv/ne ... sauce.html
I don't use any onion, and I probably use more sauce/fewer potatoes. I don't follow a recipe, but this one looks close.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

More ideas for baby's Easter basket. Some babies can start teething as early as 3 months so Baby Orajel, bibs, teething rings will also be good.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Our daughter and two grandkids will be out of town at our condo. I happen to be going down prior to them arriving so I am doing their Easter egg hunt for them I haven't decided on a menu for DH and I yet.

Easter baskets are fun for all ages. The suggestions here are great. I always gave them a new outfit when they were little and toys for the appropriate age.
I'm so excited you get to have her with you for the holiday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”