Friday 24th November 2023

Mauds papercraft
Station Chef

Friday 24th November 2023

Post by Mauds papercraft »

Morning / evening guys
Another month has passed me by , not sure where it has gone
Happy Thanks giving to you all
Hubby knee replacement recovery has not gone well. It is now infected , so no pool therapy, waiting to see what the surgeon has to say
I had a fall over a week ago and am very badly bruise from my toes to my hip on the left side, lovely shades of black , blue and purple, not much sitting for me.
I have been inundated with Christmas card orders, have finally finished them all. Never thought i get through 336 Christmas cards , until next year luckily i started a couple of the orders earlier in the year with all that's going on. Second Christmas lunch today as well. We have some long need rain as well this week, have the drier on with the sheets . Time for afternoon tea
Take care
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Friday 24th November 2023

Post by Tamara »

Sorry to hear about your fall Maureen. I've seen the blue, purple bruising and it's not pretty. Sorry also to hear about hubbys knee. Hope they get it under control. and WOW on your Christmas card orders. You rock!
Woke up to snow this morning. It is so pretty. It's a stay at home day for me today. I am going to sew. I have some oven dish towels to catch up on. DH is working a double shift this afternoon so I will have plenty of uninterrupted sew time. I have scrapped every day all week so I thought I would switch it up.
Happy Friday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Oh My dear, Maureen. So sorry for your fall and your hubby's knee not healing well. I will keep you both in my prayers.
I had a busy morning with mass and then helping set up for a St. Nicholas and advent wreath making day. we will have the event on Sunday after masss. I had a wonderful time with family yesterday. there were 97 of us; all my dad's family. My heart was full of love. I also got to see my son, dil, and grandson.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Maureen, so sorry to hear of your fall and dh's knee. Hope you both feel better soon! And that is an amazing amount of Christmas cards you've made! WOW!

I got to sleep in a bit today....it's a cold, rainy day here. I actually had to turn the heat on this morning! It's a stay at home day here and can't decide whether to scrap or bake more cookies.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Maureen, wishing you and your hubby a speedy recovery.

It's a stay at home day for me. I was hoping to start on my decorating, but my washer decided to quit on my this morning with a load of laundry in it and I had to wring the wet clothes out and throw them over the fence. Thankfully, it was just furniture covers. I also had to dip all the water out of the machine because I couldn't get it to spin out. I knew I was going to have to replace it at some point, but I was hoping it would last until after the first of next year. :roll: I've been shopping online at Lowe's, (free financing for 18 months) but it will be 2 weeks before I can pick up the set I want or have it delivered. :cry:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Maureen, prayers for you and your hubby that ya’ll heal well
Jan, that is terrible - hopefully they can get in quicker

DH and I slept in then ran to Dunkin’ and to the Reclaimed Warehouse (they get pieces of furniture and repurpose them) plus have other home items. We got a gift card to them when we closed on our house so we bought DH a ceiling fan for him to put in then some trees for his village and some other decoration, candle things.

I do need to make gifts for my Bunco group - I’m trying to come up with some ideas; do ya’ll have any?
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

sdwhru wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:30 pm Maureen, prayers for you and your hubby that ya’ll heal well

DH and I slept in then ran to Dunkin’ and to the Reclaimed Warehouse (they get pieces of furniture and repurpose them) plus have other home items. We got a gift card to them when we closed on our house so we bought DH a ceiling fan for him to put in then some trees for his village and some other decoration, candle things.

I do need to make gifts for my Bunco group - I’m trying to come up with some ideas; do ya’ll have any?
a pack of homemade cards, christmas decorations that you made, potholders that you sew.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Jan Mosier wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:20 pm Maureen, wishing you and your hubby a speedy recovery.

It's a stay at home day for me. I was hoping to start on my decorating, but my washer decided to quit on my this morning with a load of laundry in it and I had to wring the wet clothes out and throw them over the fence. Thankfully, it was just furniture covers. I also had to dip all the water out of the machine because I couldn't get it to spin out. I knew I was going to have to replace it at some point, but I was hoping it would last until after the first of next year. :roll: I've been shopping online at Lowe's, (free financing for 18 months) but it will be 2 weeks before I can pick up the set I want or have it delivered. :cry:
oh no. Not a fun day for you
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
Mauds papercraft
Station Chef

Post by Mauds papercraft »

sdwhru wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:30 pm Maureen, prayers for you and your hubby that ya’ll heal well

IAM with Phillis , small gift cards , tags, biscuits, basic anything you put on a Xmas table or stocking would be appreciated

Return to “Daily Chatter”