December 1, 2020

Join us for some fun times as we countdown to Christmas featuring daily posts with holiday tips, fun activities and other surprises!
Patti
Site Admin

December 1, 2020

Post by Patti »

Good morning! Let's start off the month on a good note.....today is GIVING TUESDAY! To find out how you can give back to your community go to givingtuesday.org. Remember, it cost nothing to give a smile or a kind word and it means so much to someone else.

Here are some printable freebees to help with your gift-giving.

Printable Gift Tags

Take some moments for yourself today and focus on how others give to you. Be sure to thank them.

Happy December 1st!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: December 1, 2020

Post by Tracy F »

Our community is collecting Toys for Tots so I am heading out to pick up some toys today along with some food for our local food bank.
Thanks for the tag link! They are really cute!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Just donated to a friend whose friend was robbed and they are trying to replace stolen items. I's a single mother and daughter. It' makes me happy to see so many generous people out there that come to the rescue.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

cute gift tags. I am donating to our local churches. They are requesting hats, mittens and scarves. Another group is collecting toiletries for the people in our Mission in Nicaragua (I think). the third group is making baskets for families; they need toys, marker, jouranals etc.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

Due to Covid, the Toys for Tots motorcycle parade was cancelled. They lose out on earning donations from selling t-shirts and other gear at the parade. So this year, they have a traveling truck. My neighbor owns a local restaurant, and they set up camp outside her restaurant (which is only open for takeout). You can drop off your toys, gifts and donations with the truck also buy some 2020 Toys For Tots gear. My kids and I volunteered to help gather up the toy donations.

On another note, one of our employees lost everything in a house fire. So my kids went through their closets and packed bags of clothes and things to donate.

Return to “Countdown to Christmas”