December 4, 2020

Join us for some fun times as we countdown to Christmas featuring daily posts with holiday tips, fun activities and other surprises!
Patti
Site Admin

December 4, 2020

Post by Patti »

One of my favorite memories of Christmas past was when we lived in So. CA. Each year we would drive up the mountain to the overlook and view the city amass with Christmas lights. It was such a beautiful sight. Moving to WI there was no mountain to drive up but the city near us did a drive-through Christmas light display. There is something magical about the lights that brings out the child in all of us.
It is believed that the first outdoor public electric light Christmas Holiday display was organized by Fredrick Nash and the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce in Altadena, California, on Santa Rosa Avenue, called Christmas Tree Lane. Christmas Tree Lane in Altadena has been continuously lit except during WW2 since 1920.

Do you have your lights up? Please share a picture of your house, your tree, or someone enjoying the lights of the holidays.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Re: December 4, 2020

Post by Patti »

My granddaughter and friends enjoying the lights.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We don't have our tree up yet but we did go to a Christmas light drive thru last week! So glad that we did since we won't be doing much this year!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

No lights up at my house. My neighbors have some up.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Oooooohhhhhh!!!! I just LOVE Christmas decorations!!! :) Great pictures ladies!

If I had my way our property would be a HUGE display of Christmas. And everyone on the Island would drive here to see it. :) Unfortunately our budget and my Scrooge husband (who's slowly after 30 years coming around to my way of thinking) hasn't allowed this to happen yet. SOMEDAY!!! :)

We haven't put any decorations up yet. Steve and Nick went out and cut trees the other day. I have a bigger one outside and one about 3 feet tall for inside. Don't have room for anything else. :(

Hopefully next week Katja can come help me dig out our boxes and I can start decorating! :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

WE don't do outside lights since we live a 1/4 mile from the road and no one would see them. we did get tree up this weekend because Gracie was here and wanted to decorate. We might try to go to a Christmas light drive thru this weekend or next.
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Here's a pic of the front of my house

Return to “Countdown to Christmas”