December 12, 2020

Join us for some fun times as we countdown to Christmas featuring daily posts with holiday tips, fun activities and other surprises!
Patti
Site Admin

December 12, 2020

Post by Patti »

Snacks!!! We all love them! What are your favorites to put out to snack on while you play games or watch movies? Chex mix? Puppy chow? Cookies?
Chips and dips? Fruit?

If you have a great recipe please share it!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Re: December 12, 2020

Post by sthom97093 »

M & M's...nacho chips...things that don't make my fingers colorful. :) But if you guys need a quick snack and you have an Aldi's near you, they have charcuterie boards that have cheese, crackers, olives, 2 types of salamis, and chocolate covered cranberries on sale right now for $7.99. We absolutely LOVE THEM! While we don't have any holiday gatherings planned at my house this year where these would be a wonderful appetizer, they are nice to snack on throughout the day. And once again, don't get fingers all messy!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

veggies and dips! Wheat thins. Chicken in a basket crackers. Cheese balls chips and salsa with cream cheese
A quick dip is spread softened cream cheese in a dish and pour a jar of salsa on top. Ready for dipping with chips
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Ruffles with dip, microwave popcorn, and trail mixes (Shawn always adds stuff) are usually our go to snack items when we're watching tv.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

sthom97093 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:35 am M & M's...nacho chips...things that don't make my fingers colorful. :) But if you guys need a quick snack and you have an Aldi's near you, they have charcuterie boards that have cheese, crackers, olives, 2 types of salamis, and chocolate covered cranberries on sale right now for $7.99. We absolutely LOVE THEM! While we don't have any holiday gatherings planned at my house this year where these would be a wonderful appetizer, they are nice to snack on throughout the day. And once again, don't get fingers all messy!
heading to Aldi's!!!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Cheese and crackers....Aldi's has some wonderful cheeses! I also make homemade hummus and serve with pretzel chips.
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I love a cheese and sausage tray! Any type of cheese is a great snack. and Popcorn....i could eat popcorn anytime.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I love cheese! And nuts, trail mix and M&Ms. Also popcorn. I have to be careful not to eat too much of any of them with my system. But I love them! :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

They love the original Chex Mix here. Also everyone loves Velveeta Queso Dip and tortilla chips. We put it in a crock pot to keep warm. Easy recipe below...

Brown 8 oz. Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage. (Makes it spicy)

Cube 16 oz. of Velveeta into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave until soft.

Stir in sausage and 10 oz. can of Original Rotel. Microwave until hot or put in crock pot.

Serve with tortilla chips.
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Deanna13 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:14 am They love the original Chex Mix here. Also everyone loves Velveeta Queso Dip and tortilla chips. We put it in a crock pot to keep warm. Easy recipe below...

Brown 8 oz. Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage. (Makes it spicy)

Cube 16 oz. of Velveeta into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave until soft.

Stir in sausage and 10 oz. can of Original Rotel. Microwave until hot or put in crock pot.

Serve with tortilla chips.
MMMMMMMM this sounds so yummy. My daughter and I would love it. My husband not so much. he doesn't like spicy food. He also doesn't lie velvetta since it is not real cheese (UGH).
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Countdown to Christmas”