December16,2020

Join us for some fun times as we countdown to Christmas featuring daily posts with holiday tips, fun activities and other surprises!
GinniG
Station Chef

Re: December16,2020

Post by GinniG »

Wendy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:15 am I think my favorite Christmas memories were of my parents playing with all our gifts...lol. We all had battery operated games and electronics on our list. My parents used to open the boxes to put the batteries in before they wrapped them. Of course, they had to try them out...lol. Many times we were woken up by pinball machines dinging or arcade games making noises. It happened every year...lol.
This sounds like something my husband likes to do! LOL! But you also reminded me of one of my favorite Christmas stories.

I have two younger brothers who are not quite 2 years apart. They both got the same things for Christmas so they wouldn't fight over them. One year they got battery operated tanks. Bill is the older one and was always trying to figure out how things worked. Tony is the younger one. Well late afternoon on Christmas Day Tony came running out of their room crying about how Bill had taken his tank and taken it all apart! So my parents told Bill that his tank was now Tony's and that if he could figure out how to put the other tank back together he could have it. Took Bill a couple of days but he got that tank back together and it lasted longer than Tony's tank did! :) I'll NEVER forget that! :)

I can also remember Bill, Tony and I hiding behind the couch one Christmas Eve with two of our cousins waiting for Santa because we wanted to see him. Of course with 5 of us hiding back there we couldn't stay quiet and we got caught and sent back to bed. :) Those were good times.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Countdown to Christmas”