December 23, 2020

Join us for some fun times as we countdown to Christmas featuring daily posts with holiday tips, fun activities and other surprises!
Patti
Site Admin

December 23, 2020

Post by Patti »

Good morning! We all have days when the unexpected happens at the worst time. We won't call them "disaster" but at the time they might seem like it. For example, this morning, I noticed that the lights were not working in one of our guest rooms. In fixing it, I had to move the bed which required me to get some furniture gliders out of the drawer in the utility closet. Not a problem and the lighting issue was fixed in no time. The "disaster" came when I put the gliders away and hit a quart of dark grey paint that flipped up in the air and popped the lid and proceeded to pour out all over my hallway carpet. :lol: :lol: :lol: Cleaned it up as much as possible and it will be a great Christmas story. Plus it is ugly burgundy carpet that is being replaced by wood in the near future so not a big deal except for it was not on my schedule this morning.

Have you ever had any Christmas "disasters"?
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: December 23, 2020

Post by Tamara »

Oh Patti!! of course it's a dark color. I can't think of any major ones right now so let's hope we are not jinxed :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Enjoy your company and just toss a rug over it :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Oh no Patti! At least it wasn't new carpet! Glad you can laugh about it!

I can't think of any right now but I'm sure I've had a couple.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

oh no! That's terrible!!
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Oh Patti! Thank God you're planning to replace that carpet! But yes it's not what we have in mind when preparing for Christmas is it?

We actually had a different kind of disaster this morning. One of our female geese was killed sometime in the night by a mink or marten. We thought it was our gander Tyrus or the baby Peep who is definitely a gander. But thankfully it wasn't either of them. They took a big bite out of her breast and left her there. Upside down in a big mud puddle with her head under water. :( Just a very sad thing! We've now got a live trap out there with some old fish in it so we can save the others. :( It was very hard to distinguish the females so she didn't have a name. But she gave her life in sacrifice to save the others. So I felt we owed her a name. Steve had buried her in the place where we're going to be gardening and growing flowers. We've named lots of things here after our parents (all are in heaven now) or after something they loved. My parents bought a house on Ardath Court in 1965 and so we wondered what the name ardath meant. It's a Hebrew girls' name and it means field of flowers!!! So that will be her name and her garden. :)

We had some other bad news too. One of my dear friends from high school (48 years ago) is in the hospital after having a heart attack yesterday. Everyone in his family died early in life. He's a year younger than I am and he's the only one left. His younger brother did have a couple of children but Gary and his wife never did. He was like a 3rd brother to me and we've kept in touch all these years so this was quite a shock. I'm praying he'll be okay and can live a much longer life because he's a really nice guy.

There were a couple of other things that happened but I can't talk about those. So I'd say it was NOT a very good day out there in the US today!!!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

GinniG wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:48 am Oh Patti! Thank God you're planning to replace that carpet! But yes it's not what we have in mind when preparing for Christmas is it?

We actually had a different kind of disaster this morning. One of our female geese was killed sometime in the night by a mink or marten. We thought it was our gander Tyrus or the baby Peep who is definitely a gander. But thankfully it wasn't either of them. They took a big bite out of her breast and left her there. Upside down in a big mud puddle with her head under water. :( Just a very sad thing! We've now got a live trap out there with some old fish in it so we can save the others. :( It was very hard to distinguish the females so she didn't have a name. But she gave her life in sacrifice to save the others. So I felt we owed her a name. Steve had buried her in the place where we're going to be gardening and growing flowers. We've named lots of things here after our parents (all are in heaven now) or after something they loved. My parents bought a house on Ardath Court in 1965 and so we wondered what the name ardath meant. It's a Hebrew girls' name and it means field of flowers!!! So that will be her name and her garden. :)

We had some other bad news too. One of my dear friends from high school (48 years ago) is in the hospital after having a heart attack yesterday. Everyone in his family died early in life. He's a year younger than I am and he's the only one left. His younger brother did have a couple of children but Gary and his wife never did. He was like a 3rd brother to me and we've kept in touch all these years so this was quite a shock. I'm praying he'll be okay and can live a much longer life because he's a really nice guy.

There were a couple of other things that happened but I can't talk about those. So I'd say it was NOT a very good day out there in the US today!!!
I love that you named your Goose Ardath. Praying for your friend.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Countdown to Christmas”