Wed 12/2/2020 -Mood Board Mania / Gallery Lift

December is all about Mood Boards! Mood Boards can be used to pull ideas, styles, concepts, textures, and most importantly providing a starting point for your inspiration. Join us all month long as we share ours!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Wed 12/2/2020 -Mood Board Mania / Gallery Lift

Post by sthom97093 »

December is all about Mood Boards! Mood Boards can be used to pull ideas, styles, concepts, textures, and most importantly providing a starting point for your inspiration.

Welcome to our first day of Mood Board Mania! I love looking around Pinterest for Mood Board inspiration, and when I spotted this gem, I knew I had to use it for a Christmas themed layout.

In addition, today is Gallery Lift Wednesday. December is probably the busiest month of the year for me therefore I'm always looking for easy to replicate tips and tricks to make the month more seamless and enjoyable. So as I was perusing the gallery, this project by Patti caught my eye. This layout not only does a powerful job featuring the subject matter, but also has an easy to replicate design pattern for a quick, easy to replicate project. Thank you Patti for inspiring my layout for today!

For my project, I featured a picture of my daughter participating in one of our favorite Christmas time traditions; dinner at The Golden Lamb in Lebanon, Ohio. The Golden Lamb is the oldest in operation restaurant, hotel, tavern in Ohio. At Christmas time, The Golden Lamb does a breathtaking job decorating for the season. My daughter and I have so much fun exploring all the nooks and crannies of the restaurant before our food arrives. I thought the colors of my mood board matched the colors in this picture of my daughter. To pull the project together, I used a variety of papers from Simple Stories, "Winter Farmhouse" collection along with Patti's sketch.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge will be posted every Monday (sketch), Wednesday, and Friday. All participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

I can't wait to see what you all create using this sketch/mood board!

Last edited by sthom97093 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: WED DEC 2: MOOD BOARD MANIA/GALLERY LIFT

Post by phillisw »

love the mood board, Patti's Lo, and your LO.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Wonderful lift and great mood board!
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Perfect way to start the month!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Wow, Stephanie, I'm honored. Love your lift...in fact like it more than the original.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Wonderful lift and mood board!
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

I have never used a mood board before so hope I did it right. While the schools were closed earlier this year my granddaughter took her kids on a field trip as part of one of their lessons. This is a picture of some of their finds.
ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Wed 12/2/2020 -Mood Board Mania / Gallery Lift

Post by Tamara »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

Here is my layout. I used the inspiration of red and greens as my next layout will be a lots of pinks and blues. I focused on cream for my background and die cut the pine cones and greenery. Image
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I used the greens and browns for my inspiration
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “December 2020 - Mood Board Mania”