QOTD January 3, 2018

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

QOTD January 3, 2018

Post by Jan Mosier »

Do you live in the city, suburbs or rural area?
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: QOTD January 3, 2018

Post by Jan Mosier »

We live in a rural area off of Hwy 1. Our small town consists of 1 general store, a produce stand, a post office and a little restaurant/diner. If we want to buy groceries we have to drive to Camden which is 15- 20 miles away and malls are an hour drive. It took some getting use to after moving back from El Paso. Everything in El Paso was within a 5 minute drive. When we first moved back we found ourselves driving in to Camden several times a week. We have since learned to try to do everything we need to do in one trip a week.
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Small town of about 3000. We live on a 5 acre lot that was my dh's grandparent's. We moved here 35 years ago from a large CA city. Took some time to get used to but love it now. Mall and stuff 20 minutes away.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

We live in a rural area population 275. Our little town consists of a gas station, a post office, and just recently a bed and breakfast. Closest town to buy groceries is about 10 miles away and malls and big box stores are about 45 minutes away. I have always lived here and I love it
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Patti wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:00 pm Small town of about 3000. We live on a 5 acre lot that was my dh's grandparent's. We moved here 35 years ago from a large CA city. Took some time to get used to but love it now. Mall and stuff 20 minutes away.
We also live on land that belonged to my dhs grandparents. In fact I think we are the 4th generation to live here. It was farm land at one time but nature has since taken over. I think it's 6 acres altogether with a little 2 bedroom, 1 bath house that over looks the windmill and pecan orchard. It sounds prettier than it is. Nature has also claimed the pecan orchard and we are trying to reclaim it. Right now there is a huge pile of brush that needs to be burned. We can finally walk underneath the trees and hoping that we may have pecans this year if the squirrels save us some. We have updated the little house with new window, siding and a metal roof......updated the kitchen, bath, laundry room and closed in the side porch that is now filled with dog crates. :roll: We absolutely love it here!
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

We live in a small city, it has a population of about 14,000. We have a Bealls, a Walmart and a theatre, but we usually drive to a bigger city about an hour for groceries, medical and dental appointments, and Michael's and Hobby Lobby.
My school is right next to my husband's office, so we both drive to work together, he drops me in the morning, we have lunch together 3 times a week, and he picks me up after work. Our house is at the outskirts of the city.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

Wow - so many country homes! That's awesome. We live in the suburbs of Jackson , MS ....have been in this area for 15 years or so. I grew up in a different suburban town about 15 minutes from here, so it is what I'm used to!

Return to “Question of the Day”