RQOTD~ 5.12.18

Tamara
Challenge Team

RQOTD~ 5.12.18

Post by Tamara »

When you have guests over and plan on feeding them, do you take healthy choices into accountability?

I know this is a funny question but twice now I have PAID for dinners at a scrapbook crop and There hasn't been one thing on the menu that isn't completely covered in sugar and carbs. I know I have cheat days but it seems like everyday is turning into that. I understand if I knew the menu in advance I would bring healthier choices. I just need to get better, but I would still have to pay the dinner fee to crop. The first time last month they served: pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw(which contains sugar) baked beans, potato salad but no green salad.
Last night the main dish had pineapple chicken, mandarin oranges and coconut all mixed with a sugary base whip cream. The drink was fruit punch, pineapple juice and sherbet with a fizz pop. Then giant rolls that were delicious but since everything was carbs it didn't help me. The dessert was strawberry lemonade cake and every place had a snack mix stirred in like caramel sauce. It isn't like I didn't try it, I tried to have a small serving of the main dish but I was hungry when I got there and the snack mix was good to just try a bit but it is like pringles...you can't eat just one. haha I passed on the cake but had a stomach ache the rest of the night with a total sugar high. I've had this for over two years now and I am still trying to "be good" but this meal was no chance for me!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD~ 5.12.18

Post by Lolis »

I plan like if it was for me, since I'm very picky and there are foods that I don't consider good healthy choices. The only thing that I splurge is on dessert, but then again portion control is important. I like making desserts, especially when I share with others, that way I don't end up eating the whole thing. Hahaha.
I'm always sure to carry my own water or sugar free green tea when other people are hosting.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Too many dogs to have guests over. :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I do. My bunco group we have a mixture of both healthy food and non- healthy food plus dessert. I would have ate the pulled pork but skipped the bread etc. If it is nothing something I absolutely love I skip it anymore

Return to “Question of the Day”