RQOTD-7.17.18

Tamara
Challenge Team

RQOTD-7.17.18

Post by Tamara »

Have you ever been in an automobile accident?

Today is the day 47 years ago when I was 12 years old our family was on vacation driving from Cardston, Canada to Seattle when a lady that was drunk came on the freeway and swerved in front of us so our truck hit her broad side. We were headed to my Uncles house at the time who is an Oral Surgeon so he met us at the hospital. We had a two seater truck with a camper shell. I was sitting on my knees at the table that was pressed against the front of the truck . it slid all the way to the back so when they opened the door I was ready to fall out. My little sister was sitting on a bench at the back ad her knee went through the camper window. She had to have 100 stitches. My moms forehead hit the window and she had a big bruise on her forehead. My youngest sister was on her lap and she bumped her chin and had to have stitches. The rest of us just got bumps and bruises. It was a miracle no one else was hurt. We ended up taking the insurance money from the lady that hit us to buy a new station wagon to drive home, instead of flying us all home. There was nine kids and my mom and dad.
Then on Christmas of that year we got money in our savings accounts from the insurance settlement. Childhood memory we all got $100 except my sister whose knee went through the window got $500 :o
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: RQOTD-7.17.18

Post by sdwhru »

Yes, many years ago. The amount that ya'll got - doesn't compare to what they get today. What a blessing - ya'll were all okay.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD-7.17.18

Post by Lolis »

I have, a fender bender only. Thank God.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”