RQOTD 11.4.18

Tamara
Challenge Team

RQOTD 11.4.18

Post by Tamara »

Have you ever been in an earthquake, typhoon, tornado or a hurricane?

There was a 4.2 earthquake that I felt years ago. They keep saying the BIG one is coming. I've heard it my whole life because we live on the Wasatch fault line. I have also been in a tornado at the mall of America almost twenty years ago. I went there for a stampin up conference. I don't have time to tell the whole story but we ended up in the basement of the mall of America.
I'll update later tonight. DH just decided I could leave for the condo today and I still need to pack.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: RQOTD 11.4.18

Post by sdwhru »

Tornado's and earthquakes, yes. I live in Oklahoma - we now have more earthquakes than the state of California has (thanks to fracing), most are small, some have not been. I have a storm cellar on my property but have been in a dairy freezer when I was a teenager working at a grocery store due to the tornado going by overhead...
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

many earthquakes when in CA...we lived on the San Andres fault and were told that LA was going to break off and then we would have ocean front property. Grew up in IL where tornados were common...I can remember sitting on the porch with my dad and watching one go by. Hurricane...just the outskirts of it but have helped clean up after several.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

A few years ago in Illinois, we had an earthquake. It was about 11 pm and we were in bed when I heard what sounded like someone walking on our roof. Then the house shuddered and the windows rattled for a few seconds. It was over quickly and there was no damage. We supposedly gad one recently here in Colorado, but I didn't feel it.

I have driven near the edge of a couple tornados but never was actually in the middle of one. A very large fault lies under southern Illinois and we were always told that "if it slipped" we could have the biggest earthquake ever, but so far it hasn't happened.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Living in North Carolina, hurricanes and tornados were a yearly thing. Some years worse than others.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”