RQOTD - 11/17/18

sdwhru
Executive Chef

RQOTD - 11/17/18

Post by sdwhru »

Since we are now on to Thanksgiving week (basically) do you have a traditional or non traditional thanksgiving meal?

We are having cheese dip (ours is a meal in itself when you add in chips, etc). It is made with sausage, cheez whiz, etc.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD - 11/17/18

Post by Tamara »

We only have the kids over every other year. We always do a veggie plate, my million dollar pickles and olives and cranberry sauce. They yams, potatoes mashed, turkey and pumpkin pie. My daughter usually makes the pies and brings dutch apple choc cream and cherry too! Going to miss leftovers this year since we are taking the kids out but I am sure we will cook a turkey another day in the near future
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I haven't really made anything in years, or at least since we moved to PA. We go to the inlaws every year, and she gets her feelings hurt if we don't go there, and typically doesn't want us to bring anything no matter how much we ask or offer. We typically wind up leaving some money on the counter as we all now how expensive these meals can be.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

This year will be a different one for us. Our son has invited us to join his group of friends for dinner...he said to expect about 30 people that are very random. The Sunday after Thanksgiving we are invited to join a family we met when we first moved here. She is planning on around 25-30.
I usually make Cheesy Potatoes but neither group wants them. I guess I will do them for Christmas.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

We have a traditional dinner. I make everything. Turkey, ham, stuffing, yams, corn, green beans, fruit salad, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie. The cranberry sauce is from a can.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Usually a traditional meal that my sister cooks. This year she is coming up to stay the night and she, Kyle and myself are going out to eat this year.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Question of the Day”