R.Q.O.T.D. Tuesday, May 21, 2019

BarbP
Sous Chef

R.Q.O.T.D. Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Post by BarbP »

I'm sorry for dropping the ball on RQOTD this week. Mom is recovering pretty well (for an 88 yr old anyway) but has been very emotional. The care facility calls me when she gets upset, so I go over with jelly beans or a McD's strawberry shake and get her calmed down. She is coming home sometime at the end of this week, barring any other issues, so our lives will go back to something near normal. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

RQOTD: Do you plant flowers, bushes, grasses etc in your yard in the spring? Have you planted anything yet?
BarbP
Sous Chef

Re: R.Q.O.T.D. Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Post by BarbP »

Pueblo has sunshine about 300 days of the year and it's been a very warm winter. Mike planted two half barrel planters with geraniums, petunias and some spiky ornamental grasses for the porch last week. He planted geraniums and dahlias in the front yard flower patch. Then we've had lots of rain (for this part of Colorado) yesterday and this morning. He was afraid it might wash out his plants, but they seem to be fine. He never had ANY urge to plant flowers until we moved here (son Jason and I always planted flowers) but retirement has brought out the gardener in him. :D
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I planted some iris last fall in areas that don't get much water. They are doing wonderful. I haven't had time to get any fairy garden stuff out there. This has been the weirdest winter and so very wet. Our mountains got some snow too. I may get to the fairy garden this weekend.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

No we don’t do any planting of stuff - usually just a few tomato and pepper plants, but no flowers, etc of sorts
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

No planting here although I want a small bed of shrubs and flowers around the back door. I will most likely do that in the fall so that it will have all winter to take root.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Question of the Day”