RQOTD 11/16

Tracy F
Challenge Team

RQOTD 11/16

Post by Tracy F »

So Thanksgiving is just around the corner, less than 2 weeks.
Do you cook a big Thanksgiving dinner, go out to a restaurant or go to friends or families for dinner?

Tracey, does Australia celebrate Thanksgiving?

This year I'll be cooking but not a huge meal since it'll only be the 2 of us. Usually one of our neighbors hosts a big get together and we all bring dishes and enjoy each others company since none of us have family nearby. This year she's going to see her daughters and no one has stepped up to host the dinner. I thought about it but I throw a big Christmas party and that's enough with everything else I have to do.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD 11/16

Post by Lolis »

I usually host it, and it was usually an opportunity for all the kids to get together. It’s a difficult time this year since the passing of my nephew.
This year we are planning on traveling to Albuquerque to celebrate with our sons. We will probably go out to eat. I had already collected lots of Keto recipes. I will probably still do a couple of them, like the keto pecan pie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

We have done a variety of different things for Thanksgiving, but this year (as we have the past couple years) we will be hosting my inlaws.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

We usually go out to eat but I think we are cooking this year. However, not what you call traditional. We are making either Taco Soup or Tamale Pie. And probably just one dessert to go along with it.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I haven't hosted since the move to PA 8 years ago . . .My inlaws always do everything, and would seriously get their feelings hurt if we tried to help, or wanted to do our own thing. They're in their 80s so why rock the boat . . .we'll let them enjoy it as long as they can. Right?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I think my sister is cooking this year, so I will be going over there.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We have our kids eery other year. Lately we have gone on a trip on the off year but this year we are going out to Flemmings. They do a wonderful plate of Turkey, mashed potatoes and all the trimmings.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracey
Prep Cook

Post by Tracey »

No, we don't celebrate Thanks Giving. The closest we have is Australia Day.

Return to “Question of the Day”