RQOTD~ 7.2.20

Tamara
Challenge Team

RQOTD~ 7.2.20

Post by Tamara »

Does anyone know anyone personally that has had Covid-19?

It's getting a little bit too real for me since my best scrappy friend was diagnosed. She has asthma so we are praying she doesn't end up in the hospital. So far her oxygen has dropped to 88 and her cpap is helping. Her headache is gone but she is coughing.
(I would of been exposed but my DH didn't think it was a good idea for me to be in a car with her even with our masks on because she would of still been too close.)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: RQOTD~ 7.2.20

Post by tammyfolk »

I know people, but I don't know them if that makes since. No one in my immediate circle of friends and family, but we have patients that come into the office that have had it. . .

Crazy thing is, we've been in the green since early June, and may have to go back to yellow. Our governor made it mandatory (being the key word here, as it's been so lax lately) that effective immediately you have to wear a mask in public.

I just ordered G a Pink Floyd mask off of Etsy. Wish I knew someone locally who made them . . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

We know a few people who have lost family members or friends but only one person that we personally know has had it. She is a nurse at our clinic and was one of the first 2 people on our island to get it. Both of them recovered and are fine. Then after they opened up the traveling one traveler came over and had a positive test at the airport. Until this week that's all we had the entire time. But today I read there are 3 more travelers over here that are positive. So I'm being extra careful again. IF I go into town it's with Steve (hubby) and I don't leave the car at all. I sent him in alone today for a few groceries. We have so many tourists and fishing crews that come here for the summer and I know not all of them are wearing masks or isolating or distancing. So it's better safe than sorry for us... But we're SO much better off than many of my friends down south!

Tamara, praying your friend is okay. I have asthma too and it's a pretty scary thing. Let us know how she's doing okay? Glad you listened to your hubby too!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

no one that I personally know. One of the nurses with the Samaritan's Purse hospital in NY caught it but is fine. It's pretty amazing that when you look at the thousands of volunteers with SP on the front lines only 1 case.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I don't know anyone personally but our state is a hot spot. Some cities have made it mandatory to wear masks in public but our governor is leaving it up to the individuals. While some beaches in other states have closed for the 4th, ours will be open.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

My daughter had it. Which was scary because she gets bronchitis every year, so add Covid to an already existing respiratory issue and it could get bad. Luckily, she is okay now. She had been secluded in the house since March 15th, but my son in law is a manager at Walmart and had to work. He tested positive too, but never had any symptoms. All is good now. she is still working from home. They try their best to be careful but I'd like them to get tested for antibodies. But then again, I heard that the CDC is starting to say having the antibodies might not prevent you from getting it again...
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I know no one who has had it
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

I don't know anyone with it
--Danielle--
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

Yes, a friend of mine got it but it was very mild so that is a relief.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

No friends or family members have gotten it but I do know of people in our community who have had it. I believe they're all ok now.

Return to “Question of the Day”