RQOTD: August 24th

LisanTexas
Prep Cook

RQOTD: August 24th

Post by LisanTexas »

Since August is Game Show month here at Cookin' Up Creations what is your families favorite game to play as a family?

My family plays a game called the "dictionary game" where one person picks a word from the dictionary and writes out the meaning on a piece of paper....they then say the word and everyone writes down "their" definition of the word. The person who picked the word then reads all the answers and everyone votes on what is the correct answer. If you voted for the correct definition you get 10 points and if you stump everyone (no one guesses the right definition) you get 20 points. If someone guesses the definition your wrote out as the correct one and it's not you get 5 points. It can get so hilarious at times and we have enjoyed hours of fun playing it as a large group back in the day! Once everyone has had a turn to pick a word the game ends and the one with the most points wins!
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD: August 24th

Post by Deanna13 »

Monopoly! The grandkids love counting out the money and it's always been a fav of mine growing up.
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

My family and I LOVE LOVE LOVE "What Do You Meme?" It's like adult apples to apples. You flip up a picture of a meme, and in your hand you have 7 cards with phrases that you think would be best with the meme. One player gets to vote on which one is the best phrase to match the meme. They have a PG and R rated version. R rated is separate from the PG. We played this quite a bit at the start of the pandemic when we needed to laugh. Highly recommend this if you have teenage/adult age children.
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

Clue
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Our family doesn't play many games at this stage of life. HAHA The fishing game with the magnetic poles that fetch the fish is the extent of it. The younger grands play better than the older, they are always on their phones. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

Don't know if we have a fave.... Guess I'd say Cards Against Humanity.
--Danielle--
Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Post by Kiki Halbert »

Hubby and I don't really play board games...is there one that is fun for 2 people?
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

Kiki Halbert wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:29 pm Hubby and I don't really play board games...is there one that is fun for 2 people?
My son and I play Yahtzee and we also play a lot of cards! Hearts and Spades mostly. He has some what I call "nerd" board games that take a degree in physics to play and he hates playing with me because I am to dense to get it most times :lol:
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

sthom97093 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:35 am My family and I LOVE LOVE LOVE "What Do You Meme?" It's like adult apples to apples. You flip up a picture of a meme, and in your hand you have 7 cards with phrases that you think would be best with the meme. One player gets to vote on which one is the best phrase to match the meme. They have a PG and R rated version. R rated is separate from the PG. We played this quite a bit at the start of the pandemic when we needed to laugh. Highly recommend this if you have teenage/adult age children.
That is a GREAT game!! I played it at party I went to with some friends last year, we just died laughing! I think we played the R rated version though because the one we played was for adults only :lol:
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Steve and I aren't really into games. Occasionally we'll play cards with neighbors but that's it. Our grands are all into phone and video games and they don't come visit very often. When they do we're usually outside doing something like fishing or hunting.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Question of the Day”