RQOTD SEPT 5, 2020

sthom97093
Challenge Team

RQOTD SEPT 5, 2020

Post by sthom97093 »

Good afternoon everyone! College football should've started today. As giant Ohio State Buckeye fans in this household, it is sad not hearing screams from the Horseshoe throughout my house. So here's the question...Are you going to miss college and professional football this Fall?
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD SEPT 5, 2020

Post by sthom97093 »

I am going to miss hearing college football in my house. I'm not allowed to watch it though. My family is VERY superstitious, and whenever I come into a room where the game is on, the other team we don't want to win gets a touchdown or does something good. So I'm banished from all rooms with TVs and instead I watch The Big Bang Theory. For whatever reason, if the Buckeyes are doing bad and I turn on some Sheldon, the tides of the game change and the Bucks win. Only once did the Sheldon factor NOT work. I have people text me TURN ON BIG BANG! So in summary, college football will be missed in our house for a variety of reasons.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I'm not a football fan at all . . .I've tried to understand the game so many times over the years, but I just can't wrap my brain around it. . .even when the kids were in school, I'd go for the band . . .lol as both kids were in marching band, or I'd be working in the concession stand.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

tammyfolk wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:40 am I'm not a football fan at all . . .I've tried to understand the game so many times over the years, but I just can't wrap my brain around it. . .even when the kids were in school, I'd go for the band . . .lol as both kids were in marching band, or I'd be working in the concession stand.
Me too! Our chant was always get that football team off the marching band field! lol

I'm not a big football fan, so I won't miss it.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I was a HUGE NFL fan! I've been a Redskins fan since I was in high school in the 1970s. But once we moved up here we haven't had live TV so missed a lot of football but tried to keep up online. Finally Amazon Prime started showing the Thursday night games and I was so happy to have live football! Then all the political nonsense started and I really lost interest. I'd watch here and there but not much. Now I want NOTHING to do with any of the sports. I'm sick of all the craziness and the games aren't anywhere near the same as they were. Then came the name changes. IMHO it's disgusting. For example, the name Redskins came from a revered Indian chief whose family allowed his name to be used as an HONOR to their tribe. There has been a move on for many years by one or two people to change the name but the owner (a real jerk) held out until this year. Now they've renamed themselves The Washington Football Team. They couldn't even come up with a real name! So I won't be following or watching any games this year.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I will. Badgers and Green Bay Packers were something to look forward to on the weekends. Hopefully, they will be back soon.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Patti wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:37 pm I will. Badgers and Green Bay Packers were something to look forward to on the weekends. Hopefully, they will be back soon.
One of our dear soccer friends are HUGE Badger fans. It's always been fun bantering with them on Saturdays...sigh...I don't do NFL really, but my daughter and husband LOVE the Cowboys.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

GinniG wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:27 pm I was a HUGE NFL fan! I've been a Redskins fan since I was in high school in the 1970s. But once we moved up here we haven't had live TV so missed a lot of football but tried to keep up online. Finally Amazon Prime started showing the Thursday night games and I was so happy to have live football! Then all the political nonsense started and I really lost interest. I'd watch here and there but not much. Now I want NOTHING to do with any of the sports. I'm sick of all the craziness and the games aren't anywhere near the same as they were. Then came the name changes. IMHO it's disgusting. For example, the name Redskins came from a revered Indian chief whose family allowed his name to be used as an HONOR to their tribe. There has been a move on for many years by one or two people to change the name but the owner (a real jerk) held out until this year. Now they've renamed themselves The Washington Football Team. They couldn't even come up with a real name! So I won't be following or watching any games this year.
I get it. I went to Miami University in Ohio and our mascot was the Miami Redskin. I always thought it was a great mascot; the Miami were ferocious warriors. My Freshman year the Miami Nation began the process to remove the mascot. Now we are the Redhawks. The entire time I was at Miami we were Redskins. It's really hard calling us the Redhawks now...
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

sthom97093 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:06 pm
GinniG wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:27 pm I was a HUGE NFL fan! I've been a Redskins fan since I was in high school in the 1970s. But once we moved up here we haven't had live TV so missed a lot of football but tried to keep up online. Finally Amazon Prime started showing the Thursday night games and I was so happy to have live football! Then all the political nonsense started and I really lost interest. I'd watch here and there but not much. Now I want NOTHING to do with any of the sports. I'm sick of all the craziness and the games aren't anywhere near the same as they were. Then came the name changes. IMHO it's disgusting. For example, the name Redskins came from a revered Indian chief whose family allowed his name to be used as an HONOR to their tribe. There has been a move on for many years by one or two people to change the name but the owner (a real jerk) held out until this year. Now they've renamed themselves The Washington Football Team. They couldn't even come up with a real name! So I won't be following or watching any games this year.
I get it. I went to Miami University in Ohio and our mascot was the Miami Redskin. I always thought it was a great mascot; the Miami were ferocious warriors. My Freshman year the Miami Nation began the process to remove the mascot. Now we are the Redhawks. The entire time I was at Miami we were Redskins. It's really hard calling us the Redhawks now...
I think it's really dumb but then I might be in the minority... I just hate what's happening in our country all over right now and I'm SUPER glad we don't live in South Florida anymore! :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

We will miss football season. We are Cowboys fans,
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”