RQOTD SEPT 7, 2020

sthom97093
Challenge Team

RQOTD SEPT 7, 2020

Post by sthom97093 »

With today being Labor Day in the USA, was thinking about jobs this morning. What has been the best job you have ever had?
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: RQOTD SEPT 7, 2020

Post by Wendy »

Honestly, it's my current job. I am an Accounts Receivable Manager for a metal fabrication company. I love the daily challenges, running the numbers, setting goals. And the people I work with are so fun!! We have all become great friends and keep in touch even outside of work.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Being a Mom is a terrific job, stressful at times, but very fulfilling. But I decided to think outside the box on this one a little bit. Two years ago, I volunteered at an organization that helped care for babies with NAS; Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. This place helps babies as they withdraw from the effects of opioids along with helping their families on their road to recovery. Every time I went there, I felt like I was doing something good. From holding babies to talking to their parents about the courage it took to say "I need help," I always left there feeling like I made a difference. Because of my daughter's leg injury last year and then Covid, I haven't been able to volunteer there in a long time, but it was definitely one of the greatest jobs I've ever had.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Wendy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:43 am Honestly, it's my current job. I am an Accounts Receivable Manager for a metal fabrication company. I love the daily challenges, running the numbers, setting goals. And the people I work with are so fun!! We have all become great friends and keep in touch even outside of work.
That makes such a difference; having a job you enjoy with good co-workers. I'm not sure what I would do without my teacher squad.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I did love my summer job at a diner many years ago. I love talking to people, those from town and those who were traveling.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

My favorite job was working for the airlines for 12 years. I worked ticket counter, gate and ramp. The ramp was my favorite, which really surprised me. I so enjoyed working outside and it didn't matter to me if it was in the rain, snow, heat or whatever. The best part was working with the Make A Wish Foundation. I really enjoyed planning the little parties we had each time we had a family flying out. To see the joy on those kids faces was amazing.
And of course the free travel benefits were a nice little benefit too.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I worked many years ago at a chemical plant. I did secretarial duties along with the shipping department.
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I really like the job I have now, but my boss and co-workers (and some of the clients) make it even more amazing. I am going to be so sad when it ends. I think my boss my retire next year. My co-workers and I hang out after work even. I do like doing taxes but not sure if that is what I want to keep doing for the next half of my working career....
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I had a really good job 1976-1978. It was the first time I'd stayed anywhere more than 6 months. I was a secretary for a group that helped the Navy Department that was designing and building the Trident class submarines. The company is pretty well-known - Booz, Allen & Hamilton. My boss was AMAZING and the rest of my co-workers were awesome. I had so much fun at that job! Unfortunately when my ex and I sent out our wedding invitations the leadership of the company were worried about it looking bad since my fiance worked for the Navy Department and I worked for the contractor. They'd had a really bad experience the year before with a couple who were fooling around on their spouses and were sharing secrets back and forth. So in the middle of getting a wedding together with a month to go I had to find a new job! Thankfully I found a decent one that I started after we got back from our honeymoon. I always loved that job and still talk about some of the people and the things that happened there.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Teaching is the best job I’ve ever had!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”