RQOTD: September 14th

Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD: September 14th

Post by Lolis »

We have a bird, which belongs to our son Jerry. We love this bird, my husband and I say he is the office manager. 😆 We’ve even given him the award of employee of the month during the quarantine. We don’t own any cats or dogs, but we buy food for 2 cats and 4 dogs every week.😊😊😊 They are neighborhood dogs, they take care of the kids and they go with us on our walks and bike rides. They keep my husband company while he works in the yard, and they are always happy to see us!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

We have a dog named Baxter who is a rescued mutt. We don't really know how old he is. He was at least 2 when we got him from the pound in Florida and we've had him for 10 years. I had to teach him how to be petted because he didn't know people could be nice. :( He was so stressed that his hair and eyes were totally black! But his eyes are now brown and his fur is black and brown and white. He LOVES living in Alaska. He can roam free and go on his "gallivants" as we call them. He has buddies that come visit and they go off on adventures together. And he LOVES hanging out with the neighborhood kids. He's starting to slow down quite a bit now. You can tell he gets sore when he's gone for a long walk. But it doesn't slow him down at all. :) And he LOVES the snow! He's like a little puppy playing in it!

Then we have Jeff Kitty who is part Norwegian Forest Cat. He's 15 pounds with 3 inch fur and will be 3 next month. He spends most of his time outside. But he needs his Original Meow Mix (ONLY the original and ONLY Meow Mix!) and his petting by Daddy and sometimes Mommy. We call Jeff the Snow Puma because he chases the little snow puffs that come off his giant feet. And he likes to stalk the birds in the snow. It's easier to see them.

And we have 6 geese! We got 5 last year as 6 month olds and it's been quite the adventure. We got about 45-50 goose eggs from them which were DELICIOUS and we thought we'd gotten all of them. Suddenly one day Steve came running in the house and told me I had to come quick. We had a tiny little gosling!!! We named it Little Peep because it was so tiny and made such cute little peep sounds! We're pretty sure it's a male because it's so assertive when it comes to food and it follows our one gander (Tyrus) around all the time. With 5 parents this little goose is WELL protected! If we get too close they will go into protection mode. Tyrus will come at us hissing, another female will join Tyrus and the other 2 females get in front of and behind Peep who isn't so little anymore but still makes the peeping sound which is so cute! We won't be able to tell if he's a male or female till Spring. We haven't decided yet if we're going to keep him because Steve especially doesn't like the idea of him/her having sex with one of his parents. But we don't like the idea of eating any of them either. LOL! It's the first time either of us have had any kind of livestock so it's all a brand new experience!

Steve wants to get chickens but I told him he has to wait until our home is finished. THEN we can TALK about chickens! LOLOL! :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

Ya'll have some awesome pets!! Love hearing about all of them! Thanks for sharing!!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

4 dogs - two outside and two inside; Sassie (heeler/mutt from my best friend and we share a birthday); Snicket - a red/blue heeler named after the author (Lemony Snicket); Noel - a dachshund/beagle mix (we call her a dagle that was rescued during Christmas time and she is my old lady at 15) and Cocoa Puff - a dapple chocolate dachshund that is spoiled rotten and has IVDD. I posts lots about her having to have therapy, etc.

Return to “Question of the Day”