RQOTD 9.19.20

Wendy
Sous Chef

RQOTD 9.19.20

Post by Wendy »

Good afternoon! Sorry I'm late with this. It's been a very long, busy day.

Other than the usual trips to the pumpkin patch, are they any other fall activities that you do every year?

We plan out our scout hikes every year to try and match the changing of the leaves. There is one nature center by us that allows you to collect leaves, pine cones and other things to make your own fall projects. We plan every year to get out and collect some fall decorations and of course take lots of fall pictures. hopefully, the weather will cooperate and we can get out this year. Last year was not a good one for us.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD 9.19.20

Post by Lolis »

We go to football games, but they all have been canceled or postponed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

We don't do much fall activities til after October 15th because I am usually very busy working but we did use to go to the OU football games or help with our church's fall festival.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Since we don't really have a fall here in Florida, we always take a fall vacation to somewhere up north to see the colors and enjoy some cool weather. But not this year, we just don't feel safe and it was so hard to find places to eat on our summer trip. We usually rent an Airbnb so I could cook but that's not a vacation to me.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Only thing we do in the fall is get ready for a long winter. Steve hunts and then we can and freeze whatever he catches. We need another deer to put in our freezer and we'd like 2 to make sure we have enough to get us through till next year. Meat and everything else is so expensive here that we want as much subsistence as we can get! We have lots of salmon. Steve and a friend are trying for a BIG halibut and they're setting crab and shrimp pots too so we've got a bit of those as well. It's really wonderful because no matter what happens we can just go a little farther than our lagoon and catch whatever kinds of fish we want! And if we're really desperate we could shoot the deer in our yard but they're normally does and it's not a good idea for one and for another it's usually illegal except for about a month out of the year...
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

nothing for us here . . .other than the corn mazes and pumpkin patches. Occasionally we do a haunted house events, but I'm not even sure G would be interested this year, or if they'll be allowed with COVID.

I do hope Jackie comes back for Halloween though. It'll be the first year that she isn't with A (as he always wanted her home, since his birthday was the day before). . .it'll be fun to take H and E to the pumpkin patch!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We love to drive to the mountains and see the beautiful fall leaves. Since I was in one of our mountains the last three days today we had a two hour break so we ran into the city and got some pictures of the mountains in the background I love all the reds and yellows, Orange that fall brings
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

We used to do alot of the Fall festivals and activities when the grandkids were younger, but now we usually spend our time going to their Fall Sports, which include.....soccer, football, and band.

This year it's been kind of a struggle just getting to go with all the Covid Crap, but most of the grandkids' activities are opening up to allow Grandparents too. So far with their schedules we'll be able to see each of them in at least 1 of their activities, just hoping nothing gets closed back down before we can do that. We still have to schedule it all with DH's work schedule. We have 1 grandson locally that is in Jr. High Football and we've been to 2 of his games and we can get to more of his. The other grandkids live 1 and 2 hours away.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”