RQOTD 9.23.20

Wendy
Sous Chef

RQOTD 9.23.20

Post by Wendy »

Do you have a fireplace and how often do you use it?

We have a wood burning fireplace and we don't use it very often. Hardly anyone is in the same room at the same time to enjoy it. I use to light it for ambience, but I felt it was just a waste of a good fire.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD 9.23.20

Post by Lolis »

We don't have a fireplace.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

We do have a fireplace, but haven't used it in a while because our Winters haven't been very cold. A couple years ago we had a really cold Winter 0 degrees and we did use it alot. It was great to take the chill off.
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

We have a gas fireplace, but hardly ever use it.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

We don't have a need for one here in Florida but I sure do miss them. We always had a fireplace or woodstove when we lived up north.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

We have 3. 2 gas , 1 woodburning. I turn on the one in the kitchen just about every day in the cold weather and sit in front of it and soak up the heat.
Love my fireplace!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

no fireplace; do wish we had one, but doesn't get too cold here
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

we don't! We did at the cabin though but that is one of the reason we had to sell it. I am not suppose to be around smoke with my pulmonary hypertension. Dang it! We used to love s'mores though :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

No fireplace here. We started off with a wood stove for heat and it just wasn't enough to heat the house and Steve was hurting himself chopping wood. Then the church was given an oil stove but it needed repairs. So we saved up and got it repaired and man do we ever LOVE it! :) Thank God we did too because this summer was so cold we never turned it off! We just got our tank filled (over 100 gallons!) and so now we're set for the cold weather again.

In our new house we're going to have an in floor hot water heating system. It runs hot water through pipes that loop back and forth under the floor. For emergency backup we'll have a wood stove but we won't use it all the time. Those things just make such a mess all over everything that I really don't even want it for backup. But if our power goes out for any length of time (which can and has happened) we can still heat most of the house with that.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

no fireplace here
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”