RQOTD 9.24.20

Wendy
Sous Chef

RQOTD 9.24.20

Post by Wendy »

Good morning!

We are trying to think of fundraisers for our Scout High Adventure trip next year. One thing we thought of was restaurants that offer a percentage of their sales during a certain day or time. We are hoping to do this at least once a month, maybe every 3 weeks. Some parents thought this was excessive.

How often do you eat out? Due to sports, we eat out at least once a week. I'd like to cut back to once every 2 weeks.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD 9.24.20

Post by Deanna13 »

Since it's just DH and I we eat out too often, but that's ok with us. Probably why I try to work out more! LOL :)
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

It depends whether I'm out and about. Some weeks at least once, some weeks none at all.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

We hardly eat out at all anymore. Before covid we ate out least once a week sometimes more....just depended on what we were doing.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We used to eat out a couple times a week. We are being ever so careful now and only do take out occasionally. Right now it is not an option. Our numbers just escalated.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

My grandson is doing a fund raiser for football that just asks for money. I would rather just donate the money rather than buy an overpriced something such a pies, pizza, etc. We have done the restaurant cards in the past and it was ok but if they didn't sell you were out money.

To answer your question we eat out about once a week but not at a chain restaurant.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

My husband and mine's favorite restaurant had their food truck parked in our neighborhood tonight. We ate there tonight. I would say during soccer season (which has come to an abrupt halt) we do eat out more than other times of the year.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

There are so few restaurants here on the island and they tend to be pretty expensive so we don't eat out very much. We've done a couple of take out orders since the virus but that's it. However, on our ferry trips we ALWAYS get food both ways because it's so delicious! :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

I don't eat out much, just maybe will grab a salad at lunch or a sandwich if for some reason I wake up late and can't pack a lunch. I hardly ever eat out for the evening meal. When my son was in band they did car washes and that raised more money then when you did the restaurant fundraisers for us but that was all before COVID and in Texas it's so warm you can do car washes outside all year round!! People would just us $25 or more as a "tip" for the "free" car wash. And there is no overhead if a church or a gas station let you use their water and parents supplied the rest it was pure profit. Not sure this is an option for your fundraiser though but wanted to throw it out just in case...good luck- I'm sure it's challenging to do with COVID!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Don't hardly eat out; try to keep it once a week and even then we don't do weekends or nights. Will only do a Friday night and that is stop and pick up a pizza.

Restaurants are struggling so bad with COVID, I would think it would hard to do a fundraiser at them right now

Return to “Question of the Day”