Challenge # 6 Mixed Media

Each year on the first Saturday in May, National Scrapbooking Day is observed. Cookin' Up Creations will be celebrating this day as well! Come join in on the fun!
Patti
Site Admin

Challenge # 6 Mixed Media

Post by Patti »

Scrapbook Lay Outs have become more and more about the craft or art...stitching, electronic die cutting machines, stencils, sewing, art mediums have all influenced the pages of scrapbooks in the 21 century.

Challenge #6

For this challenge, you are to create a mixed media page. You must use at least 3 different mediums on your Lay Out.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Challenge # 6 Mixed Media

Post by Tamara »

I've been dying all day wanting to finish this layout. (Still no concentrator after wasting my whole afternoon playing games on my phone. :lol: :lol: :lol: , they have till the end of the night but getting frustrated since it has been in my city for 36 hours now! )
Anyway this was so fun. I had a Bella Blvd heart cutout. I inked the stencil and now have two layouts out of one because the heart shape cutout took the color too!!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Tamara wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:30 pm I've been dying all day wanting to finish this layout. (Still no concentrator after wasting my whole afternoon playing games on my phone. :lol: :lol: :lol: , they have till the end of the night but getting frustrated since it has been in my city for 36 hours now! )
Anyway this was so fun. I had a Bella Blvd heart cutout. I inked the stencil and now have two layouts out of one because the heart shape cutout took the color too!!

Very pretty! Love it! Thanks for taking the challenge!
Patti

Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

My 3 mixed media elements are the brick stencil with modeling paste and gelatos, blue watercolor behind the bricks and the brown and blue splatters around the page.

phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

great job, tamara and tracy
I used spray ink, textured paste with a stencil, and a stamp
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I used stenciling with Nuvo Embossing Mousse to create the "scales", I msted the background and I inked the edges of everything. I lifted a Missy Whidden layout. Every summer when we get salmon we freeze some but we can most of it. We make salmon patties, salmon salad (like tuna salad only better) and sometimes a casserole with the jars. It's easy and delicious!

Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Ladies, you all did a wonderful job with the challenge!
Patti

sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

Tamara wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:30 pm I've been dying all day wanting to finish this layout. (Still no concentrator after wasting my whole afternoon playing games on my phone. :lol: :lol: :lol: , they have till the end of the night but getting frustrated since it has been in my city for 36 hours now! )

That is really pretty Tamara! I struggle with Mixed media.
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “iNSD 2021 - Time Travel... Scrapbooking Through the Ages”