Scrap Question of the Day - 02/09/2024

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Scrap Question of the Day - 02/09/2024

Post by tammyfolk »

I am finding that my memory isn't quite what it used to be . . .

I also find myself still seriously collecting supplies, but not using them. *working on that :oops:

My question today is this - how on Earth do you keep up with what you have?

I have kits, upon kits and stuff that I keep buying, but seem to forget what I have and I spend hours (literally) going through kits to find something to go with the pictures that I want to scrap. I'm at the point where I may just pull one kit at a time and print all my pictures in black and white an go from there. Seriously.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: Scrap Question of the Day - 02/09/2024

Post by Lolis »

To answer your question how do you keep up with what you have? I don’t.
Some time ago I wanted to use my kits even if I didn’t have the pictures for them. I posted my dilemma here. Since several members said it was perfectly normal to create naked layouts( without pictures) I gave myself permission to create them and use those supplies that got me so excited. Sometimes I find the perfect pictures right away, sometimes it takes me longer. I have an album full of naked pages waiting to be filled with the right pictures!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Lolis wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:06 pm To answer your question how do you keep up with what you have? I don’t.
Some time ago I wanted to use my kits even if I didn’t have the pictures for them. I posted my dilemma here. Since several members said it was perfectly normal to create naked layouts( without pictures) I gave myself permission to create them and use those supplies that got me so excited. Sometimes I find the perfect pictures right away, sometimes it takes me longer. I have an album full of naked pages waiting to be filled with the right pictures!
I really like this idea alot. . . especially since I bought some of the kits with specific events and themes in mind.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I keep up with them by using them. Like Lolis I do naked pages when I just want to create.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I try to use what I have and NOT buy anything. I reorganize once in a while. I also use my kits to create naked pages. I stopped buying kits at least a year ago and yet still have unused kits. :oops: :oops:
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I don’t buy kits and I store my supplies by either theme or color. Honestly I also keep a notepad or word document with notes and an excel file with the themes with a note where it is stored at. Totally geeky I know but it works for me….

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”