Strategies for catching up on your layouts?

Cassy
Prep Cook

Strategies for catching up on your layouts?

Post by Cassy »

So I have been putting a lot of focus into my Amazon and Etsy store for the last 9 months and am truly behind on my own personal scrapping. I have tons of photos to go. Do you have any strategies for catching up quickly? Please share and I will add yours to the list!

Here are some of my thoughts but I would love to hear yours!
1. First and foremost, stock up on glue!! LOL
2. I am planning to do some scraplifting. Each layout will be scraplifted at least twice (maybe rotated a bit.)
3. Designate at least one day a week to only personal scrapbooking.
4. Gather kits ahead of time with photos ready in baggies.
5. Scrapbook at least one page per day.
6. Package like materials together for easy of use.
7. Multi-photo layouts go in Project life style page protectors.
8. Scrapbook "like" themes at one time.
9. Use a paper pack with embellishments from that theme and use Pinterest for inspiration using that paper line.
Last edited by Cassy on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Strategies for catching up on your layouts?

Post by Tamara »

Those are all great ideas! And some that I do. I just asked a SQOTD and adhesive. Great minds think alike. haha I also have an Etsy and work one day a week on sewing, one day set aside for just scrapbooking and I have photos and page paraphernalia in baggies that I can grab when I go to crops. If you want to get a lot done you could designate a goal to do at least one page a day of your personal photos. Then you will feel like you are not getting everything done. Good luck can't wait for others to share.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

Good ideas! I have added to the list. For some reason, I have to be in the mood to scrapbook. A lot of times I watch a video or two in the morning to get my creative processes flowing!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I gather all the pictures throughout the years of the same themes...ie school, Christmas, Easter, Disney. I pick one theme and gather all my papers and embellishments along with the pics and crank out LO after LO of that theme with the idea of trying to use up the papers and other stuff so I can justify new ones.

I usually buy a paper pack with stickers and/or die cuts. They go a long way and I get tired of using them over and over so I go to Pinterest or other online sites and look up the paper line and see what others have used it for and lift their LOs even if I don't have pictures for them yet. I have a box of completed LOs that I can throw some pictures on and add a few more embellishments when I need to create quickly. It cleans the paper packs out of my stash also.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

Patti wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:51 pm I gather all the pictures throughout the years of the same themes...ie school, Christmas, Easter, Disney. I pick one theme and gather all my papers and embellishments along with the pics and crank out LO after LO of that theme with the idea of trying to use up the papers and other stuff so I can justify new ones.

I usually buy a paper pack with stickers and/or die cuts. They go a long way and I get tired of using them over and over so I go to Pinterest or other online sites and look up the paper line and see what others have used it for and lift their LOs even if I don't have pictures for them yet. I have a box of completed LOs that I can throw some pictures on and add a few more embellishments when I need to create quickly. It cleans the paper packs out of my stash also.
Oh I really like these ideas! I have several years of Christmas to scrap. This may be my next strategy!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I may have to try some of these strategies; I scrap chronologically and I do the Project Life pages intermixed in with mine 12 X 12
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Patti wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:51 pm I usually buy a paper pack with stickers and/or die cuts. They go a long way and I get tired of using them over and over so I go to Pinterest or other online sites and look up the paper line and see what others have used it for and lift their LOs even if I don't have pictures for them yet. I have a box of completed LOs that I can throw some pictures on and add a few more embellishments when I need to create quickly. It cleans the paper packs out of my stash also.
same here!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

sdwhru wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 pm I may have to try some of these strategies; I scrap chronologically and I do the Project Life pages intermixed in with mine 12 X 12
So do I. I put the layouts in binders chronologically but don't always scrap that way!!! :oops:

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”