How do you do it?

mommysews

How do you do it?

Post by mommysews »

I used to scrap - TONS. At that tine I was homeschooling 3 kids and taking care of my parents, working 2 jobs as well as serving as a girl scout leader and Sunday School Superintendent at church. . It was a VERY busy time. Yet, I still had time to scrap and check the boards, post there and upload to the gallery.

Now, all my kids have graduated (at least from my educational instruction) My parents have long since passed on. I only have 1 job, and I am no longer in any leadership positions, yet I have not scrapped since I moved 3 1/2 years ago.

How do you find time to live your life and scrap too. I seem to have forgotten.
Kimberly H.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: How do you do it?

Post by tammyfolk »

Kimberly -

I ask myself that all the time . . .I was just telling Shawn the other night that having the 2 sites is like a full time job, after I get home from my full time job. . .I will say I've done more layouts this year than the past 3-4 years combined. The site helps! I can't always do the challenges in a timely fashion, but I take note of what I want to do, and organization seems to be the key factor for me.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
mommysews

Post by mommysews »

I certainly need to get organized. I haven't done what I need since we moved.

Earlier this year our DD broke her heel so has not been able to climb the stairs to her room so I lost my craft space until she can. Even if I were organized (which I am not) I would have a hard time scrapping until she moves back upstairs.
Kimberly H.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I set the goal to do a page a day. Some days that doesn't happen so I try to catch up when I have a free day. It probably helps that I am a night owl and do a lot of my scrapping at midnight.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

Before quarantine, I was gone four days a week (to a day program and volunteering). I usually would scrap after lunch during the weekend (Fri-Sun, unless it was nice enough to be outside or I was in a "break"). Now I just scrap after lunch whenever. It's been too hot/humid to be outside, and I'm loving working with the "new" birthday collections I got for making cards. During the times I'm not feeling it, I know it will eventually come back, and sometimes that's helped by buying new stuff to play with or printing new pictures to scrap. Challenges also help me get motivated.
--Danielle--
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I've always said there is a time and season although I've scrapped for the last 40 years, I always tried to keep up with the challenges when I was working. Like Patti said squeeze it in when you can find the time. Since being home I used to scrapbook one day, sew one day, do chores one day and play the rest of the week. Since quarantine I am home 24/7 so I scrapbook every day. I also try to tidy which I am not a successful at. You'll find your niche real soon I'm sure
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I think it takes time to figure out what works best for you. You may have to try out several different ways to make it work for you. When I started scrapping I was working part time for Michaels in the morning, dh was at work til about 6pm so I had my afternoons free and I had days off during the week so I had lots of me time. Now that I'm retired, before the pandemic, I had a hard time figuring out when to scrap. I live in a 55+ community and there is always something going on and I've turned into an exercise nut and go to just about every class we have here. What works for me now is to keep a schedule of all events and exercise classes and when I find I have a free afternoon I announce to dh that I am staying home to scrap. Of course now that everything is closed in our community I can scrap whenever I want. You'll figure it out eventually!
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I agree you'll figure out what works for you. Give yourself time. With your DD in your scrappy room it's hard as you said. But that won't last forever. Once she's able to go back upstairs try giving yourself a reasonable goal. Find challenges that you like or that inspire you and try them. Or take pictures that you've been wanting to scrap and try starting with those. For me sketches REALLY help. I can recommend a few sketch sites if you're interested.

My DH and I retired 4 years ago and moved across the country. We have been building ever since so most of my stuff was in storage for over a year. I kept losing my motivation and mojo and just really struggled with getting back into scrapping. My health took a bad turn which didn't help either. But now things seem to be on the uphill swing and I have been slowly getting back into the scrappy world. I signed up for a class a couple of months ago thinking it would be a fun thing to try and use the 6x6 paper pads I had carried across the country with me. Turns out this class is highly motivational and I'm doing a LOT more scrapping than I have in the last couple of years! It helps that I'm finally starting to feel better too.

Life gets in the way and even though scrapping is very therapeutic, it can also be stressful if we aren't careful. Keep hanging out here and something will pique your interest and you'll find yourself back in the addiction mode before you know it!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Post by Kiki Halbert »

The same happened to me when I moved. All my craft supplies sat for 4 years in boxes in the spare room. So first I unpacked it. Then I just sat in my room and looked at all my pretty things. I didn't put any pressure on doing anything but looking, picking up, enjoying looking and not committing. And then my mojo came back. Sometimes you just need to take the pressure off yourself and sit and admire and love the things that you have that you will eventually use.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

sometimes I just have to take time away; my energy level seems to have decreased this year so I struggle with that too. I want to scrap but not enough energy.

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”