My layout today

Tamara
Challenge Team

My layout today

Post by Tamara »

Mom 2008.jpg
Mom 2008.jpg (111.73 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
Have you ever had a layout speak to you and as you were placing on the pieces, get a feeling that you need to say more, add more to it or just make it yours!!!! Have you ever scrapped a layout that maybe some would feel uncomfortable with? I already scrapped my moms funeral but felt like some may not think pics at the viewing are appropriate so I have not posted them ( such as the loving pic I took of my daughter combing her grandmothers hair while we were dressing her and getting her ready for the viewing when my SIL yelled at me across the room and told me I shouldn't take a pic of that. My daughter was the one who would take in numerous meals, color her hair and stop by with her kids for visits the last ten years of her life. Unlike the SIL who had no clue as to the amount of work taking care of the elderly was because they lived out of state and had no idea how much we cared for her and cannot comprehend the reason behind me taking the pic.) But know that I will treasure them in my books. I also took a picture of my brother and his ten year old son tenderly looking in the casket of his young wife and mother the that boy. It is a precious layout that I will share with him someday.

I know I should be working on the past weekend challenges so I don't get behind but as I was unpacking my bags from the weekend my eyes kept going to the layout that was laying on my desk waiting to be glued down. I didn't have time to complete it before I went to the weekend retreat. I felt drawn to finish it first before I go on to my other projects. As I was trying to get the finishing touches, I felt that I needed to add the story behind this last picture taken of my mom just five days before she had a brain bleed and never woke up. She passed away on Mothers Day twelve years ago. It was a very touching experience for our family.

Have you ever had an experience similar while scrapping? One that motivates you to push yourself? Maybe takes you out of your scrappy comfort zone?
and the results are right before your eyes in that moment of peace that you feel for finishing it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Re: My layout today

Post by GinniG »

Maybe not quite as strongly as you Tamara but yes. I have. Several of our only granddaughter as she was growing up. She was so photogenic as a child! Now she's 20 and camera shy. :)

One was a picture of my mother and her youngest great-grandson as a baby. The picture just spoke VOLUMES! I ended up making a 3D layout and putting it in a frame for my Mom who had it hanging just as you came to the top of the stairs. You couldn't miss it! When we sold their house my daughter got that framed layout. I don't have a picture of the layout but here's the picture of Mom and Garrett (who just turned 10 on Friday!)
FB_IMG_1488229973828_1488230051868.jpg
FB_IMG_1488229973828_1488230051868.jpg (178.37 KiB) Viewed 1601 times
And there's another one I haven't been able to scrap yet. It's the picture of her saying goodbye to my daughter (their only grandchild) and her 2 sons Garrett (above) and Noah. Mom had cancer and was in her last days. We all knew it and Michele and the boys had driven 3 hours to come see her. Somehow I caught the moment when she looked away and was fighting tears knowing she'd never see them again. I don't know how I got that picture but whenever it comes up on my screen saver or I come across it I fight tears myself. I hope someday I can scrap it and do it justice. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I completely agree with you. You have to scrap the good and the bad. Last year when my daughter broke her leg, I took pics to document her progress. It was such a life altering event for her. Had to stop soccer. Had her leg bent in a huge cast for 6 weeks. Had to get around with crutches and deal with that pain in the armpit for 6 weeks. Had to go through all the pain of getting back in shape for soccer. It's something she doesn't really want to remember, but I feel like her grit during that time should be recorded. I haven't done any pages on it yet, but I plan to someday soon.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

GinniG wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:43 am Maybe not quite as strongly as you Tamara but yes. I have. Several of our only granddaughter as she was growing up. She was so photogenic as a child! Now she's 20 and camera shy. :)

One was a picture of my mother and her youngest great-grandson as a baby. The picture just spoke VOLUMES! I ended up making a 3D layout and putting it in a frame for my Mom who had it hanging just as you came to the top of the stairs. You couldn't miss it! When we sold their house my daughter got that framed layout. I don't have a picture of the layout but here's the picture of Mom and Garrett (who just turned 10 on Friday!)

And there's another one I haven't been able to scrap yet. It's the picture of her saying goodbye to my daughter (their only grandchild) and her 2 sons Garrett (above) and Noah. Mom had cancer and was in her last days. We all knew it and Michele and the boys had driven 3 hours to come see her. Somehow I caught the moment when she looked away and was fighting tears knowing she'd never see them again. I don't know how I got that picture but whenever it comes up on my screen saver or I come across it I fight tears myself. I hope someday I can scrap it and do it justice. :)
Wow that is so precious <3
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Tamara wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:59 am
GinniG wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:43 am Maybe not quite as strongly as you Tamara but yes. I have. Several of our only granddaughter as she was growing up. She was so photogenic as a child! Now she's 20 and camera shy. :)

Wow that is so precious <3
Thanks Tamara!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I have photos of Jack sitting in his wheelchair that sit next to his urn that I will someday scrap. As for now, I just can't bring myself to scrap them. Some day I will and it will have quite a bit of journaling.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Jan Mosier wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:18 am I have photos of Jack sitting in his wheelchair that sit next to his urn that I will someday scrap. As for now, I just can't bring myself to scrap them. Some day I will and it will have quite a bit of journaling.
That is very sweet. I can't imagine how hard that would be. Your strength to me is amazing. Sometimes I wonder if I would of journaled better on my moms had I not waited so may years.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”