Let's Talk Kits

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Let's Talk Kits

Post by tammyfolk »

Breaking down your kits...how do you organize your Kits / Leftovers??

I have (not gonna lie here) about 20+ Scrapbooking Kits from the ScrapRoom and Scraptastic Kit Club (years 2013 - 2015) and I still have every single kit together . . .Some of them I have scrapped from, others I haven't. . . I can't bring myself to separate them . . .I think I have a problem.

Honestly I have a hard time mixing manufacturers so I think that is part of the issue, but it can't be 100 % of the issue. . . I still love these kits, and still want to use them . . .

What do YOU do with your kits?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Let's Talk Kits

Post by Deanna13 »

I don't sub to any kits right now and haven't for awhile, but I do buy some now and then from The ScrapRoom. I usually keep them together and keep using them til I use up nearly everything and then add the leftover accents/scraps to my stash. When I was subscribing years ago I kept hoarding them and not using anything. Then, at some point I was overwhelmed with them and started using them and others I broke down and put with my stash.
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I don't subscribe to any kits right now. I will buy some from Scraproom and Echo Park once in a while. I keep everything together until it gets down to the bare bones. Then it gets mixed in with everything else or I donate the leftovers.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

There is no way with my bulk of paper that I can keep manufacturers together. Once I make the layout, I break it up. I put the smaller papers in my pattern paper box of scraps to use. I put the embellies in with my others. and toss the bag!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I’ve never subscribed to kits. I keep collections together until I have used what I want it for and then break it down into my other “stuff” - I know this doesn’t help but like Tamara no way I can do by manufacturer. I do by theme or color. My paper pads I do keep together until I use enough out of there and start separating them by color, too.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I've only subscribed to a card kit club and I am getting ready to break down a years worth of them. I'm not sure exactly how when it comes to the papers. All the stamps, stencils, stickers and dies will go in with all my others.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I break down by company and theme. Papers by company and embellishments by theme.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I still keep mine together. If I don't have enough left to scrap a layout I will pull patterned paper from another kit or pad and leave it with the kit for a future project.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I like Jan's idea!

I have almost all my paper sorted by color. I do have themes for Christmas, Baby, Wedding, Beach and Travel. I finally took all the papers out of the travel container and put them in with the others by color. I had way too many that weren't getting used at all and just taking up extra space. I am pretty sure that except for the solids I'll be keeping all the others together somehow. I was looking for something the other day in the area where I have my themed containers and found two HUGE packs of 6x6 paper that I didn't even know I had! Someone must have gifted them to me! So now I'm REALLY determined to reorganize my area as soon as I possibly can. But it will have to wait a little while longer. My husband is still recovering and the geese need a lot more attention to keep them safe and I'm not in the greatest health myself so by Spring hopefully it will all be done and we'll be on a more regular schedule with things. :) That's the plan/goal anyway. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”