It was a sad night

Tamara
Challenge Team

It was a sad night

Post by Tamara »

I have made a lot of friends going to Scrapbooking retreats. There is a lady that lives in Pocatello Idaho that often will Facebook message me to answer scrapbook questions for her. With her and her daughter has attended the crops my friend helps her with some of her projects sometimes. Well right after dinner, She messaged me to tell me to let the Mom And Me store owners know that when they left her store today her daughter choked to death and passed away in her arms. I told the DH it was probably my fault because they came down to the American crafts warehouse sale as today was the last day. She had messaged me for all the information. She told me that she was devastated and have been at the Orem police station being interrogated for three hours. They had taken her daughters body to get an autopsy. So for the next two hours I talked with her back-and-forth while she waited for her daughter’s daughter-in-law to come pick her up and take her home. It is a 3 Hour Drive from where they live. I know she just wanted to pass the time away so I asked her how it happened. She actually choked on a french fry and a Slurpee. I’m kind of partial to guess because it has always been my fear with my choking episodes that I would hate to die that way. She said she tried to do CPR on her but she felt so helpless not being able to help her at all. life is so fragile. It breaks my heart for her. I’m sure she’s almost 80 and her daughter was probably my age. Now she has lost her Scrapbooking friend who brought her to the retreats and scrapbooks with her. She is now wondering how she’ll go on
Treasure your people, hug them tight you just never know.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: It was a sad night

Post by Tracy F »

What a sad story! I can't even imagine what your friend went through. How very sad! So sorry for the loss of your friend.
It really makes you stop and think about how life is really so fragile. Hugs
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

This is so sad! Gone from one moment to the next!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Oh, Tamara, what a sad night indeed. How awful for that women. What a caring person for you to "talk with " her on fb to help her cope. Yes, we need to always treasure our loved ones
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I'm so sorry to hear this, Tamara. DH has had choking issues in the past until a Dr. finally did a procedure to enlarge something in his throat. That is so scary to watch someone choking. So sorry for her loss.
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

So sorry for your friend, Tamara; will be praying for her
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Tamara, I am so sorry.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

How did I miss this!!! I am so sorry for your friend, Tamara. How devastating for her to lose her daughter and feel helpless. You are such a good friend to talk with her while she waited for family to arrive.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”