Other Mediums

Tamara
Challenge Team

Other Mediums

Post by Tamara »

I know a few of you use ink and splatters on your layouts. I think some of us don't realize how easy it is. I have always been intimidated to do it often. I watched a class over the weekend from ScrapHappy and learned a whole bunch of new steps. She held the paint brush horizontal and secure, then tapped it and let the splatters fall. I think I will try it. Also she made several mediums, then set it aside and moved on, then came back with a different technique until she had created several pieces that looked amazing. I think that could be more my style so you only have to have the mess out once.
What is your best medium tip? stamps, mists, texture, stencils?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: other mediums

Post by Tracy F »

Don't really have any tips other than just have fun and get messy. I love working with watercolors, texture paste and stencils. I use my mists and inks for making splatters. Just try anything!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Other Mediums

Post by Jan Mosier »

I mainly use my Distress Inks with stencils. I also water it down for the packaging technique and splatters. I have texture paste but don't use it as much as I should.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: Other Mediums

Post by sdwhru »

I usually do the splatter with the paint brush technique, also. Or the easiest one to me - for a spray mister (and it has problems) unscrew the top and tap it and let is splatter on your page

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”