scrapbook budget

Tamara
Challenge Team

scrapbook budget

Post by Tamara »

After pondering the peachy deal Jan posted yesterday got me thinking. Do you give yourself a scrapbook budget? When I was working I always just bought what I wanted when I wanted it and never worried that I couldn't cover it. Now I have limited income and I have SO much scrap stuff I try not to spend alot. I am a little worried that the Simple Stories retreat might have me getting carried away so I have been setting aside $$ so I don't get caught off guard but with Credit cards paid off DH wants it to stay that way. It is going to definitely be a challenge for me.
Wha is your strategy?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: scrapbook budget

Post by Tracy F »

I don't really have any specific strategy but I do try not to buy much now that we're retired. I always ask for gift cards for birthday and Christmas so that helps a lot! I have so much stuff I could probably scrap for years and not buy anything other than adhesive. But I keep seeing videos of new products and I really want to try them. :D
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I don't have a budget. I do try to just buy adhesive since I have more scrap stuff than I could ever need. If I seem to want something I make a list and buy what I "need" the most when it is on sale
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I don't have a budget either. Like Tracy, I try not to buy too much now that I live on a limited income. I have items in carts on several sites but have yet to buy anything. Watching Youtube videos of new products isn't helping any. :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I allow myself one new complete line every year but I have to use up three lines that I already have in order to get it.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Patti wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:32 pm I allow myself one new complete line every year but I have to use up three lines that I already have in order to get it.
Love your goals!! great idea!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I joined CTMH as a maker when they had a promotion. I’ve always liked their products, but recently I’ve fallen in love with their albums. I’m also liking their new workshops, so whenever there’s a good deal I buy it. From time to time I become obsessed with certain products mainly because they keep appearing on my Facebook feed, on Pinterest, on YouTube… until I finally buy it :? :? :?
My biggest problem is that I don’t have space to put more stuff. Luckily, Micheal’s is no longer selling the gorgeous paper pads I was buying every week. I’ve always had to pick and choose what I buy, but more now, since I want to choose to visit the boys in Albuquerque.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

My downfall is the tools LOL. But like the others I try to watch and be more choosy especially with the rising costs of everything. Seriously do I need to by more stuff??? LOL
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I don't really have a budget per say. . . but I'm really starting to feel guilty due to the amount of stuff that I have compared to what I'm actually using. So here lately it's only been one monthly kit and adhesives when needed. I bulk buy white and black bazzill when I can find it . . .and if I need a specific color and I don't have it (I'm sure I do, but can't locate it), then I go with something else.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Some times I feel like I should buy more clothes, so I don’t come out wearing the same thing in all my pictures. The other problem is that I like wearing the same stuff even if I buy new things.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”