Sewing Machine

Lolis
Challenge Team

Sewing Machine

Post by Lolis »

Do you own one? I have a beautiful sewing machine, heavy duty. We paid close to $600 back in the 90s. About 8 years ago I started having problems with it and I put away. Yesterday I saw that the Singer center is still open and I called to ask about checking my machine. They have about an 8 week wait to get to my machine! Of course, they also have an expedited option if you are willing to pay whatever they ask.
This morning I went to YouTube and found the problem and the solution! Yay! My machine is working again!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Sewing Machine

Post by Tracy F »

Glad to hear you got yours working all by yourself!
I have an old Singer machine from the 80's and it still works but I haven't used it in a long time so that might have changed. :D
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Tracy F wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:43 pm Glad to hear you got yours working all by yourself!
I have an old Singer machine from the 80's and it still works but I haven't used it in a long time so that might have changed. :D
Singer machines were made to last!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

That is great you could fix it yourself. I have a small one for paper only. I do not even know how to sew (or barely)
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Yeah, Lolis for fixing it yourself. I have a very old Singer that my mom had. There is a guy here locally that fixes them. I had something wrong in the bobbin case. he fixed that and oiled it and tuned it up and now it works like a charm :D
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Isn't it crazy that alot of the problems can be solved ourselves instead of paying a service call. Good one on you!! So happy you figured it out. I almost took mine in once and the same thing, I called support and they walked me through it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I have a Brother, I think. It was given to me. It’s been awhile since I’ve used it.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”