Scrap Question of the Day - 11/07/2023

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Scrap Question of the Day - 11/07/2023

Post by tammyfolk »

I know most of us here buy what we want whenever we want, but do you try and justify it before making the purchase? Do you mentally allot a certain amount of money each month to your hobby? What's your thought process?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Scrap Question of the Day - 11/07/2023

Post by Jan Mosier »

I have 12 animals of my own and I feed every stray cat, possum or raccoon that shows up outside, so yes, I have to "try" and justify every purchase. And by try, I think about it for a couple of seconds and hit submit. :lol: I'm naturally frugal anyway, I rarely by anything for myself, (that's me justifying my craft purchases) if I do, it usually comes from the thrift store because I'm there shopping with Kyle for his ebay store. Most times, he pays for my items and uses my senior discount. As far as an allotment, I don't have one.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I think about what I want and usually get it at the best price I can. I do a lot of spur of the moment buying if I go to a store so I don't go to them very often.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I'm all stocked up on basics for awhile adhesive, cardstock, foam tape, etc. I usually buy most of my supplies at ACOT and sometimes kits at TSR. I'll wait for a sale or good deal and always have lots of cherry points to use at ACOT. I don't actually NEED anything, but I'll place an order probably every 6 weeks for things I like.
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I try not to buy since I have so much already but when new stuff comes out it's hard to resist. I might go months without buying anything. Plus dh is a big enabler. He uses my FB page and when he sees something he thinks I'll like he tells me to buy it.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

When I was working I spent easy $50-100 a month. This is mostly because I use CM albums. I buy them when i need them. If I need something local I try to get it when it is retreat time because you get everything 20% off. I'm like Patti if I don't go to a store physically then that keeps me from spending.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Just a little FYI...I went to my super Joann's today and bought NOTHING!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Patti wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:20 pm Just a little FYI...I went to my super Joann's today and bought NOTHING!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I usually buy only when I need something or think I need it or have a coupon. I often just buy adhesive. Since I know I do run low in that sometimes. I am never low of anything else
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Patti wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:20 pm Just a little FYI...I went to my super Joann's today and bought NOTHING!
The last Joann’s I walked into had nothing, so it was easy to walk out with nothing. The one in Columbia, I would probably walk out with a bag full. 😂
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

As far as stores I have Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Joann’s around me but hardly ever go in. I don’t like going into stores and coming out with nothing - feels like a waste of time. Last time at Joann’s all they have is Cricut stuff not “real” scrapbooking materials, items, etc. :(

I usually wait for coupon codes for ACOT or SB.com.

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”