Crop Chef #2 2021

Crop Chef - Do YOU Have What It Takes? Join us for our 2nd Annual Crop Chef Competition.
Patti
Site Admin

Crop Chef #2 2021

Post by Patti »

Join us as we celebrate everything wonderful about Entertaining...Both Casual and Elegant! with our CROP CHEF CHALLENGE at the Cookin' Up Creations forum. This weekend crop is for the fun-loving and adventurous! Based on the TV show, Top Chef, we will have six rounds of challenges with some twists thrown in. However, unlike the show, there will be no eliminations...we want everyone to be a Crop Chef!

Each challenge will include a list of ingredients and techniques that must be included on your layout. Be watching....you never know when a surprise ingredient will be added into the mix.

So---Do YOU have what it takes? Get ready to COOK UP SOME FUN! The first challenge, PIZZA PARTY, will be posted Friday, Oct. 22 at 8 p.m. EST.
Until then, check out the Crop Chef Rules and Tips to get more information.

CROP CHEF RULES AND TIPS
RULES:
1. These challenges are designed to have a fun weekend of scrapping so Rule #1 is HAVE FUN!
2. All challenges must be done in order and posted to the gallery and YOUR THREAD (ie. Patti's Challenges) under Challenge Posts. As each challenge is finished you will go back to YOUR THEAD and add the next project so that at the end of the crop all 6 challenges are in YOUR THREAD.
3. Challenges will be posted at 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m., and 6 p.m. Saturday. A surprise twist may show up during the two-hour time frame that will be needed to be added to the original challenge.
4. DO NOT read the next challenge until you have finished the one before it.
5. All challenges are to be completed and posted in YOUR THREAD by Oct. 31

TIPS:

1. Take some time to get the following supplies in order.
PANTRY ITEMS: Card Stock, Patterned Paper, Journaling Spots, Stickers, Chipboard, Banners, Tabs, Die-cuts, Ribbon/Twine, Washi Tape, Etc.
SEASONING ITEMS: Brads, Eyelets, Sequins, Enamel Dots, Gems, Buttons, Glitter, Etc.
GARNISHES: Paint, Ink, Mist, Stencil, Embossing, Stamping, Chalks, Etc.
2. Things Can change without warning so it may be a good idea not to permanently adhere anything to your LO until the twist has been revealed. Design your LO, take a break and play some games, do some laundry, eat some snacks, and then go back and finish your LO before the next challenge is posted. There are 2 hours between challenges.
3. You will be required to use your imagination to come up with items that might be a little abstract in their description. Think outside the box.
4. There are a variety of challenges---make sure you have plenty of pictures!
5. Keep your scraps from all of your challenges. You never know when you might need them,
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Crop Chef #2 2021

Post by Tamara »

This is always a fun time! It is something worth looking forward too!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

This sounds like a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I will be out of town that weekend. :(
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

We need to open a new thread? I think I did it wrong.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Lolis wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:54 pm We need to open a new thread? I think I did it wrong.
Or I did. I think you go to the your thread and do a new post claiming your space...I think.
Patti

phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

HMMMM I want to be part of this
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ButterflyGal

Post by ButterflyGal »

I've never done anything like this and it sounds like fun, but I will be tied up Friday and Saturday with my virtual online convention. Maybe I can tune in to see what the challenges are Saturday morning and see what it's all about. :D
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

ButterflyGal wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:03 pm I've never done anything like this and it sounds like fun, but I will be tied up Friday and Saturday with my virtual online convention. Maybe I can tune in to see what the challenges are Saturday morning and see what it's all about. :D
Absolutely check in! The challenges aren't due until the 31 so there is time after the weekend to complete them.
Patti

Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

ButterflyGal wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:03 pm I've never done anything like this and it sounds like fun, but I will be tied up Friday and Saturday with my virtual online convention. Maybe I can tune in to see what the challenges are Saturday morning and see what it's all about. :D

Hope you can join in Cindy. Melody and I have not scrapped in forever. Hope this gets us back on track.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

Oops! I peaked at challenge #2 before finishing #1!!! I will be more careful now that I know. I'm off to make a pizza!! :D

Return to “2nd Annual Crop Chef Competition”