Sat 10/9 Green Eggs & Ham

From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere - and that's exactly what you're going to find this month at Cookin' up Creations. This month, all our challenges will be based on Everything Seuss and all the fun quotes, books and characters that we've all grown to know and love.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Sat 10/9 Green Eggs & Ham

Post by sthom97093 »

From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere - and that's exactly what you're going to find this month at Cookin' up Creations. This month, all our challenges will be based on Everything Seuss and all the fun quotes, books and characters that we've all grown to know and love.

Today's challenge is paying homage to the Dr. Seuss book "Green Eggs & Ham."

Since the theme of this Dr. Seuss classic is trying something new for the first time, I decided to go literal for this project. I actually tried green eggs and ham for breakfast one morning when I was in Chicago at a restaurant called "Kitsch'n" featured on Rachael Ray's "40 Dollars a Day" show. This was one of the coolest restaurants I've ever been to. First of all, being called "Kitsch'n," it had a very kitschy vibe. It was literally like being transported back to The Brady Bunch set circa 1970. Everything was retro which is why I decided to go with retro paper along with a retro font to create my title. And the food...OMG...TO.DIE.FOR! I tried the green eggs and ham because that is what Rachael ate. It was amazing!

So for today's challenge, I ask you to create a project featuring food like the book "Green Eggs and Ham" does. As an added twist, I challenge you to use a font on your project like I did that is not part of your typical repertoire.

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Sat 10/9 Green Eggs & Ham

Post by Tamara »

What a cool experience! and wow! Perfect for this challenge. :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

How fun! Great challenge and fabulous page!
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

My granddaughter on her thirtieth birthday eating sushi. Can anyone eat 30 pieces of raw fish?
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

It was fun finding a font that I haven't used!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Stephanie, Ural, and Tamara. love them all and a fun challenge
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Ural wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:55 am Image

My granddaughter on her thirtieth birthday eating sushi. Can anyone eat 30 pieces of raw fish?
This is GORGEOUS! Great idea to document sushi eating! I can only eat 10 pieces at a time....
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tamara wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:17 pm It was fun finding a font that I haven't used!!
I agree! I've always loved fonts, but never seem to think to use different ones when I'm scrapping. I love the one you used! What is it called?
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

sthom97093 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:11 pm
Tamara wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:17 pm It was fun finding a font that I haven't used!!
I agree! I've always loved fonts, but never seem to think to use different ones when I'm scrapping. I love the one you used! What is it called?
Its Abigail 2
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tamara wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:22 pm
sthom97093 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:11 pm
Its Abigail 2
The font I used is called "Diner." I can't find the site I downloaded from, but it was free.

Return to “October 2021 - Everything Seuss”