Scrap QOTD - 02/11/2018

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Scrap QOTD - 02/11/2018

Post by tammyfolk »

For anyone with a die cutting machine...

Where? Or how do you store your cut files? Have you uploaded them all into your library?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Scrap QOTD - 02/11/2018

Post by tammyfolk »

I keep folders on my desktop. Of course I forget what I have. I actually had everything in my Silhouette library at one time, and wound up having to do an upgrade and everything was lost so I never did it again....wondering if I should??
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I upload files from other sources to my laptop; they're in my downloads and arranged in folders according to source. I've also put some of them into my Si;houette library. A Silhouette tech told me if I put them in my library and then sync the library, they will go into the "cloud" and if I have to recover my whole library, they will be in there if I've synced them. But I'm not all that computer literate and so I still keep them in my own download files too.

I find that I have hundreds of files from outside sources (some I paid for, most were free) and rarely use them
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

Right now I have older cricut so no cut files
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

They are all in my cameo. Anything that is a silhouette file is in one file and all I do is type in a subject and those pop up. Anything that is non silhouette is put it a file with where it comes from ie. Paper Issues, Kari Bradford, Ali Edwards, Paige Evans, etc. I also load my digi files on my cameo and those are also loaded by designer. Needless to say I have thousands of files but it works really well for me to combine my cut files which I convert to print lines and my digi to create projects.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

tammyfolk wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 am I keep folders on my desktop. Of course I forget what I have. I actually had everything in my Silhouette library at one time, and wound up having to do an upgrade and everything was lost so I never did it again....wondering if I should??
you can go back in to Silhouette and re-download what you have lost...unless you have done it too many times.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I have tons on cut files; I used to download them daily from a site that gives out free ones daily. Well, I went through and sorted into folders - birthday, Halloween, Christmas, etc. I store them in a Box site (think like Dropbox just more free space).

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”