SQOTD: 2/19/18

Beth
Sous Chef

SQOTD: 2/19/18

Post by Beth »

My cousin made a 20 page 12 x 12 Baby Album for a nephew's girlfriend. She wrapped and took to a baby shower on Saturday. The girl was 45 minutes late and knew about the shower. When she got there she said she was not opening gifts. She wanted to open with the dad. My cousin was so upset.....as I was too when I heard. How would you react to this?
ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Re: SQOTD: 2/19/18

Post by BarbP »

That's too bad. Yes, I would be upset if I had made and given a gift that was not opened in front of the guests. First of all. your friend deserved to get some love for creating a special gift; and, the whole point of a shower is to open the gifts so everyone can ooh and aah. As for the 45-minute tardiness ... who RAISED that girl anyway???? that's just plain impolite and inconsiderate.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I would have rushed her ass to the hospital because clearly, oxygen was not getting to her brain! :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

I would have told her she HAD to open it. My cousin still has not even gotten a phone call thanking her. I might have taken that gorgeous album right back!
ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

BarbP wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:58 am That's too bad. Yes, I would be upset if I had made and given a gift that was not opened in front of the guests. First of all. your friend deserved to get some love for creating a special gift; and, the whole point of a shower is to open the gifts so everyone can ooh and aah. As for the 45-minute tardiness ... who RAISED that girl anyway???? that's just plain impolite and inconsiderate.
I would have been a little ticked and offended - who are you to make us wait for 45 minutes? Of course, been to several wedding/baby showers and does anyone send thank you notes or even say thank you to your face anymore???
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

You guys said it all. Last gift she would get from me

sdwhru wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:42 pm
BarbP wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:58 am That's too bad. Yes, I would be upset if I had made and given a gift that was not opened in front of the guests. First of all. your friend deserved to get some love for creating a special gift; and, the whole point of a shower is to open the gifts so everyone can ooh and aah. As for the 45-minute tardiness ... who RAISED that girl anyway???? that's just plain impolite and inconsiderate.
I would have been a little ticked and offended - who are you to make us wait for 45 minutes? Of course, been to several wedding/baby showers and does anyone send thank you notes or even say thank you to your face anymore???

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”