SQOTD-AUG 20, 2020

sthom97093
Challenge Team

SQOTD-AUG 20, 2020

Post by sthom97093 »

How do you organize your scrap supplies so that you are not constantly digging through your stash?
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Re: SQOTD-AUG 20, 2020

Post by scrlvr78 »

I have theme folders for papers/stickers/some embellishments like birthday, Christmas, animals, etc. Then I have five different drawer-units that each drawer essentially has different things....like one drawer has hearts, two drawers have flowers, two have ribbon, one has washi, etc. Non-themed papers and card stock are in paper holders however I put them.
--Danielle--
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

scrlvr78 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:00 am I have theme folders for papers/stickers/some embellishments like birthday, Christmas, animals, etc. Then I have five different drawer-units that each drawer essentially has different things....like one drawer has hearts, two drawers have flowers, two have ribbon, one has washi, etc. Non-themed papers and card stock are in paper holders however I put them.
I like the idea of folders. (I do love all school supplies; another way to use them). :)
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I have 12x12 paper/magazine folder boxes that I've tried my best to make into themes. Like I have a Fall/Halloween theme box, a sports box, etc. I then put all like paper together. So if I have Doodlebug Halloween paper, I put all of it into a plastic 12x12 bag and then into the box. That has helped me immensely in keeping my paper organized. I'm still trying to figure out a system for flowers, stickers, etc. I guess I have resigned to the fact that when I scrap, I will be digging through something at some point.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

It's an ongoing battle but I am beginning to see some progress. I have all the odds and ends ephemera in a basket next to all the kits that need putting together. My doodle pops are in a smaller basket in a drawer and my brads are in a drawer. All my pop dots, enamel dots, bling and glue dots are each in their own container (like a school pencil case or the plastic photo boxes) They are easily grabbed to throw in a bag and take to a crop or grabbed on my desk when ready to us.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I have a couple of Ikea bookcases and have labeled boxes in the cubbies. My desk was my sons bedroom dresser that he left behind when he moved out. We painted it and added a larger top to so I have all those drawers for supplies also. Unfortunately, because of the amount of scrap crap that I have collected and hoarded over the years, I still have to dig sometimes.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

I have started at the beginning of each month pulling out things I know I want to use that month and putting them in a Totally Tiffany cart I have and the other things in desk organizers on my desk so all I have to dig through are those things not EVERY bin I have lol! Sometimes if I think of something I want to use I will go dig it out but all this year I have been limiting my supplies I pick from and it is making my life a lot easier as I don't have tons of time to mull through a bunch of stuff trying to decide what to use! I used to do that and it took me like 3 days to do one layout :lol: :oops:
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Most of my flat embellishments are in a Scrap Rack and sorted by theme. My brads, etc. are in an old CTMH container that holds those little jars. Can't get that anymore though. :( My scraps are on top of the paper which is sorted by color. That way whenever I go to reach for whatever color I need, it makes me think about using the scraps first if possible. Before I did that I rarely used them because it was so much easier to just grab another piece of paper. :)

When I set up my new scrap room I'm hoping to organize things like brads, flowers, etc. by color and put them all together. So if I need red embellishments, they're all together in one place. We'll see how I like that whenever I get in there and get it all set up... :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I have my supplies, paper etc organized by theme and then by color. So my flowers will be in with my colors. My animal stuff is all together. Cooking stuff all together. I have the scrap rack from Totally Tiffany and have taken her FREE organization classes and it helped me tremendously,
https://totally-tiffany.com/
https://totally-tiffany.com/goc
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I'm another Totally Tiffany girl who has a scrap rack that I use for my theme items (except for Disney/dog items - I have way TOOO many). I can find something fairly quickly without going where did I put that?

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”