SQOTD~9.8.20

Tamara
Challenge Team

SQOTD~9.8.20

Post by Tamara »

When you enter a scrapbook store, what are you drawn to first?

I go through phases, right now the next time I go I want to head for the Simple Stories flip books. I decided to use the black ones to create a K-12 school picture book for each of the grandkids. Originally I had bought those 12x12 wooden frames with 12 slots and I was making them a school picture 3d wall hanging. I got to fifth grade with my first grandson and decided that there is no way they are going to want something like that when they graduate hanging in their rooms. That's something a mom would do. :lol: :lol: :lol: The flip books changed my whole train of thought. and simplified my strategy on this project. So now what do I do with 5 12x12 trays? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: SQOTD~9.8.20

Post by tammyfolk »

I haven't been to a real scrapbook store in years, as there isn't one local here anymore . . .

If I go to the big box stores, I usually go with a set purchase in mind, and rarely ever browse anything they have as I do most of my shopping online. I run to Michaels or JoAnns when I need something ASAP or I catch a textured cardstock sale . . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I haven't been inside a scrapbook store in many years! There was a very small one in Ketchikan until this year. No Hobby Lobby, Michael's or JoAnn's anywhere near here either. So whenever I end up going down south next time I'll be going into ALL of them!!! I have a feeling it will be like the very first time I ever walked in the first scrapbook store ever. I just stood there taking it all in and was totally in awe! :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I went to one in Roswell, New Mexico. It had a lot of older stuff. I went straight to the stamps to look for Popcorn the Bear! Prior to this I hadn’t seen a scrapbook store in many years, not counting Michael’s or Hobby Lobby.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I just recently found a store in our area. I thought they had all closed down. It's small, but she carries a lot of the newer stuff, so I can save on shipping. I am usually drawn to the phrases and flowers by Prima or 49 and Market. It's still a hike to get out there, so I go with an idea in mind, so I don't browse too much.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I haven't been in a real scrapbook store for many, many years!! Miss that! When I used to go I would always look at the embellishments first and then the patterned paper.
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I’m so sorry guys. I’m feeling pretty bad. I guess I am just so so super spoiled here. I used to collect a lot of supplies in case we ever moved out of state, but then that never happened so here I still sit with tons of stuff, I give tons away and then I just go and buy more. What the heck?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Other than the big box stores there's only one LSS nearby and they concentrate mostly on card supplies. It's My Favorite Things and they have the best stamps and dies. I love their store and get so overwhelmed with all the products they have but they're expensive. They have online sales but never in the brick and mortar store so I usually just shop online and they're shipping is free if you spend over $25, which is very easy to do.
Even when I go to a big box store I'm drawn to the stamps and dies.....just wish I could color in the stamps better.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I go to JoAnne's or Michael's once in a while when I am in town that have these store. I always look at the embellishments first
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I went to one in IA on my trip around the Midwest. I just turn to the right and whatever is there is what I look at. It was fun being in a store again. I did buy some things...not much.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”