Saturday, June 18th

Join us all month long as we post challenges that require us to USE OUR STASH.....but this month, there's a twist!! We'll be using our stash to Scraplift ourselves and others....
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Saturday, June 18th

Post by Jan Mosier »

Join us all month long in June as we post challenges that require us to USE OUR STASH.....
but there's a twist!!

We'll be using our "OLDER" stash to Scrap "LIFT" ourselves and others ....

So join us as we "Scraplift OUR Stash"!!

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

*Winner will be chosen via Random.Org.

I don't know how many of your watch Youtube, but this past week I while I was recuperating from my booster vaccine I watched a video by Tim Holtz. He was introducing his new line of stamps and stencils. After the video, I wanted to get on the computer and purchase one of the stamp sets and a couple of stencils, but then I thought, I'm pretty sure I have something similar in my stash I can use. I wanted to recreate the image on the stamp set he was showing. So I went to my craftroom and started digging through my stash of stamps and lo and behold, I found something that would give me a similar result without spending any money! Win, win!

Here is the new stamp set I was most interested in.

And here is what I came up with using my stash.

For your challenge. I want you to lift my two cards or two cards of your choosing doing the same as I did. You can recreate the look of a stamp set you like, using similar items in your stash. If you're not a stamper and don't have stamps, you may use die cuts or ephemera. The only other requirement is to create a mixed media background.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Saturday, June 18th

Post by Tracy F »

Love these cards! I think I can recreate them with what I have in my stash!
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Beautiful cards, Jan! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

For your challenge. I want you to lift my two cards or two cards of your choosing doing the same as I did. You can recreate the look of a stamp set you like, using similar items in your stash. If you're not a stamper and don't have stamps, you may use die cuts or ephemera. The only other requirement is to create a mixed media background.

BEAUTUFUL cards, Jan!
If we are not card makers (that would be me :D) can we do this on a LO?
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Why how brilliant Miss Jan!!
And so beautiful, I can't tell who's is Tims and whose is yours!! You nailed it!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Patti wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:04 pm
BEAUTUFUL cards, Jan!
Absolutely you can Patti!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Patti wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:04 pm For your challenge. I want you to lift my two cards or two cards of your choosing doing the same as I did. You can recreate the look of a stamp set you like, using similar items in your stash. If you're not a stamper and don't have stamps, you may use die cuts or ephemera. The only other requirement is to create a mixed media background.

BEAUTUFUL cards, Jan!
Absolutely. Pick a new collection you've been wanting and lift it using items in your stash.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I haven't done cards like this in a long time! Loved every minute of it! Thanks Jan!

phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Jan and tracy: love your beautiful cards
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Well at least I can say you got me down and dirty! I actually have quite a few oxide inks and at the time I bought them I was just choosing colors, I didn't know they were different :lol: :lol: :lol: anywho The first one I did I used a brush and mixed the colors but when it dried I didn't like the outcome so I did it again and left it with the sentiment. The baby card I tried making a Vicki Boutin background with more colors. so don't laugh!!!!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “June 2022 - 4th Annual Scrap "Lift" Your Stash”