July 29 The love of animals

Join us all month long as we celebrate our beautiful country . . . from East and West to North and South, we'll focus on America the Beautiful and some of the ways we see her.
phillisw
Challenge Team

July 29 The love of animals

Post by phillisw »

America The Beautiful . . . for the most part we all live in different locations…from East and West to North and South, the USA is filled with beauty . . . both in nature and hearts. We've all seen the beauty of the sunset, the majesty of a thunderstorm, the birds on branches, flowers blooming, the seasons changing, freshly fallen snow, rainbows, majestic mountains, sparkling lakes, wooded paths, ocean waves crashing, dessert blooms. We’ve taken road trips and vacations where we have taken pictures that might be so random they don’t end up on the pages of our books . . . maybe it’s the hot air balloon that suddenly appears in the sky above you, or a sign that brings a smile to your face, maybe a barn quilt painted on an old barn that has seen better days, or even an Amish buggy towing a boat. The beauty goes beyond nature and is seen in the love and kindness of a stranger that helps you after a storm, a kind teacher, the mailman who leaves biscuits for your dog, the neighborhood kids with their lemonade stands, playgrounds and smiles, the person in the grocery line who lets you go in front of them. In these times when we are dealing with so many negative things in the news, where so many only think of themselves, where our country is experiencing unrest, where truth is up to what an individual wants it to be . . . in these times, I think it would be a great thing to just focus on how beautiful our country is and some of the ways we see her.

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

*Winner will be chosen via Random.Org.

Animals bring joy and help to many of us. It may be the birds or butterflies that you see out your window and maybe feed. It may be your pet that may be a long time friend or a new puppy that you adopted. It may be visits to the Zoo or aquarium that bring a smile to your face. It may be the fish or frogs that you have in a tank in your living room or bedroom. So what animal or animals bring love into your heart? Share any animal on your page. It could be 1 or many. If you have no photos of an animal use a print out from the internet or stickers that show the animal. Use some image of an animal...........big or small.

As a kid we had a dog at various times in our home. Then when my hubby and I were married we never had any dogs. We had fish in a large fish tank. My kids always wanted a dog and we never got one since we worked and traveled and live where the ground is covered with lots of snow in the winter. We felt that we could not properly care for a dog. My son always said "when I get my own place I will have a dog." Well he did. The first was a male Rottweiler. My husband (who did not care for dogs so much) fell in love with the puppy. The dog is now over 2 years old. He now has a sister puppy 9another Rottweiler) that my husband loves just as much as the first dog.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: July 29 The love of animals

Post by Tracy F »

Awww, sweet puppy! Great challenge Phillis!
scrappy.boymama
Challenge Team

Post by scrappy.boymama »

❤️

- Brandi :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama

ImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

beautiful page, Brandi. Love the sentiment
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Members completing this challenge are:

1 - Phillis
2 - Brandi
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “July 2022 - America the Beautiful”