July 30, 2022 Challenge My Hometown

Join us all month long as we celebrate our beautiful country . . . from East and West to North and South, we'll focus on America the Beautiful and some of the ways we see her.
Lolis
Challenge Team

July 30, 2022 Challenge My Hometown

Post by Lolis »

America The Beautiful . . . for the most part we all live in different locations…from East and West to North and South, the USA is filled with beauty . . . both in nature and hearts. We've all seen the beauty of the sunset, the majesty of a thunderstorm, the birds on branches, flowers blooming, the seasons changing, freshly fallen snow, rainbows, majestic mountains, sparkling lakes, wooded paths, ocean waves crashing, dessert blooms. We’ve taken road trips and vacations where we have taken pictures that might be so random they don’t end up on the pages of our books . . . maybe it’s the hot air balloon that suddenly appears in the sky above you, or a sign that brings a smile to your face, maybe a barn quilt painted on an old barn that has seen better days, or even an Amish buggy towing a boat. The beauty goes beyond nature and is seen in the love and kindness of a stranger that helps you after a storm, a kind teacher, the mailman who leaves biscuits for your dog, the neighborhood kids with their lemonade stands, playgrounds and smiles, the person in the grocery line who lets you go in front of them. In these times when we are dealing with so many negative things in the news, where so many only think of themselves, where our country is experiencing unrest, where truth is up to what an individual wants it to be . . . in these times, I think it would be a great thing to just focus on how beautiful our country is and some of the ways we see her.

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

America is beautiful, and our hometown is always a special place. Today’s challenge is to scrapbook about your hometown, a special place, special people, your church, your grocery store. My page is about a small, and simple, but very popular restaurant in our small town. Tacos Aka is the first place my sons want to go to when they come home, or when they bring a friend. If you were ever to come visit Rio Grande City, I would take you there for a treat of authentic Mexican taquitos. Rumor has it that when President Trump visited the Rio Grande Valley and was delayed for his first meeting was because he first had to make a stop at the famous Tacos Aka! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: July 30, 2022 Challenge My Hometown

Post by phillisw »

love this double page, Lolis. Great challenge
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Wonderful 2 pager! Great challenge!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

What a fun challenge! I love it and your page is awesome too!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
scrappy.boymama
Challenge Team

Post by scrappy.boymama »

My hometown, my parents home (my childhood home) 🏠❤️

Summer time fun with my siblings & their families
- Brandi :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama

ImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

great double pager, Brandi
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

scrappy.boymama wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:32 pm My hometown, my parents home (my childhood home) 🏠❤️

Summer time fun with my siblings & their families
Beautiful layout! Thank you for playing along!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Members completing this challenge:

1 - Lolis x 2
2 - Brandi x 2
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “July 2022 - America the Beautiful”