Sat 8/6-Shout out to Glennon Doyle

This month it's all about the QUOTES. We hear them, we remember them, we display them, we repeat them and now we are challenging you to show us your interpretations of them on your paper projects.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Sat 8/6-Shout out to Glennon Doyle

Post by sthom97093 »

This month it's all about the QUOTES. We hear them, we remember them, we display them, we repeat them and now we are challenging you to show us your interpretations of them on your paper projects. Whether it’s a funny quote, one that encourages, one that makes your heart sing, or one that provides motivation, we guarantee the challenges will inspire you.

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

For my project today, I used a quote from one of the best books I've ever read...Untamed by Glennon Doyle.

When I am having a difficult time, be that from having to make a tough phone call or a challenging decision, this quote from Glennon Doyle goes on replay in my head: "We can do hard things..." I knew from the minute I saw this challenge, that was the quote I wanted to use. The hardest thing as a mother I have ever endured was watching my daughter endure the recovery of a leg break. She is absolutely the grittiest, most determined person I have ever met. Despite a horrible physical setback, she did a hard thing by pushing through the pain of the break, surgery, and then physical therapy to get herself back on the soccer field. In honor of today's challenge, I made this project using Glennon Doyle's quote showcasing what my daughter went through to get back to playing level. I was also inspired by the cover of her book because it is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you Reminisce for having paper that looks exactly like the book cover. I challenge you to create a project documenting something hard you faced. Perhaps it was trying a new activity or moving to a new home? I'm excited to see your projects. :)

Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Sat 8/6-Shout out to Glennon Doyle

Post by Tracy F »

Great quote! Love how you documented your daughters leg injury.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

It's a beautiful example, Stephanie! :)
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Stephanie: wow, what a beautiful story! LOVE your page
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

It took me forever to find these pics! This was really a hard time in my life because I couldn't do my hair for work. My hair looks terrible straight and as hard as DH tried to help me, he would clamp the curling iron around the hair, then drop it and it just wasn't working. We finally hired the beautician across the street to do my hair every morning and our marriage was saved. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

great take on the challenge, tamara
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
scrappy.boymama
Challenge Team

Post by scrappy.boymama »

I chose to document when we moved away from family & friends a month prior to my first son was born - definitely a hard thing!!!

I used the September single page sketch from Stick it Down!

- Brandi :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama

ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

beautiful page, brandi
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
Amy Jo
Guest Designer

Post by Amy Jo »

We can do hard things...like Christmas on our own. This photo and the hidden journaling are from my first Christmas after my split from my ex. It's difficult to document those times but its important to remember what I made it through!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Amy Jo........beautiful page
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “August 2022 - He Said, She Said”