New Cricut Cutters

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

New Cricut Cutters

Post by Jan Mosier »

Cricut Air
Cricut Air 2

Does anyone have either of these? Are they user friendly? My soon to be 70 year old aunt wants one to cut vinyl and I don't know the first thing about any of them. She is not computer savvy so it HAS to be user friendly.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: New Cricut Cutters

Post by tammyfolk »

I'm so out of the loop these days Jan that I didn't even know that they existed. Sorry, no help here.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
leslie
Prep Cook

Post by leslie »

I only have a baby cricut that I barely use.
Leslie

Paper crafter, yarn crafter, grandmother, friend, Michigander,
Tiger baseball junkie.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

tammyfolk wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:12 pm I'm so out of the loop these days Jan that I didn't even know that they existed. Sorry, no help here.
Me too. When she called I had no idea what my aunt was talking about. It didn't help that she kept referring to it as a circut! :D
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

I want one, I so want to be able to get scal files to cut
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

I have a Cricut , the Explore Air 2. I got it right after Christmas. If you are not computer savvy, then it would be difficult to learn to use. The Design Space software is only available online, and has all the same problems of any other website, plus a few weird things of its own. It is also not the most user-friendly program. They are about to upgrade it, but if your aunt is not at all computer savvy, then I don't know of any cutter that she will be able to figure out on her own. I would get a Silhouette maybe, over the Cricut, simply because Design space only runs online and isn't very user-friendly. I like my Cricut, though, don't get me wrong!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I have to agree with Wanda. Cricut is wonderful but not sure how user friendly it is. What is your aunt wanting to cut out of vinyl? Do you have a nearby LSS you could go to and have them cut the vinyl? Just a thought. Not sure how much user friendly the Silhouette software is over Cricut's. To me (I have an Explore and a Silhouette Portrait) the Cricut software is easier for cutting svgs and Silhouette is easier to weld letters together.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

She wants to cut vinyl and unfortunately, we don't have any local scrapbook stores.
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Jan, I get my vinyl on line from Expressions Vinyl. There are a couple of sites that evaluate the different cutting machine but this is the one I like--- Silhouette School--- an excellent site for tutorials and info.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Patti wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:45 pm Jan, I get my vinyl on line from Expressions Vinyl. There are a couple of sites that evaluate the different cutting machine but this is the one I like--- Silhouette School--- an excellent site for tutorials and info.
Thank you Patti.
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Products - Challenges, Questions & Discussions”