Monday 11-21-22 Substitutions

It's Turkey Time so let's talk Turkey.....Gobble, Gobble, Gobble. Join us all month long as we post Challenges using our Favorite Holiday Recipes!
Patti
Site Admin

Monday 11-21-22 Substitutions

Post by Patti »

It's Turkey Time so let's talk Turkey . . . . Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

This month is all about this fine butterball and his sidekicks also known as cranberries, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, corn, stuffing, and lots of pie. We will be enjoying delicious challenges based on your favorite Thanksgiving recipes so get your fat pants out and get ready to be stuffed! This is your opportunity to not only get some great Layouts done but to also get some great recipes from our design team.

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

The prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

Today's challenge is all about having the imagination to substitute one ingredient for another. My mom was not the best cook and she had this really bad habit of substituting ingredients for another. She had many fails including the time she used tomato juice instead of tomato sauce to make pizza. However, one of her successes was using cake mix as a shortcut to make cookies. So, today, in honor of my mom here's her recipe.

Ingredients:

1 (18.25 – ounce) box cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup add-ins like chocolate chips or M&M’s (if adding in sprinkles use 1/2 cup)
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil until smooth. You can do this step in the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mixing ingredients on low until combined.
Mix in desired add-ins until evenly incorporated.
Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet 2- inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until lightly golden at the edges.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.

Today's Challenge is to use the following sketch and papers that you normally would use for a different subject. For example, my LO is a travel theme paper kit but I used it for a little boy playing. OR, use the word imagination in your title. OR do both!

Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: Monday 11-21-22 Substitutions

Post by phillisw »

Great challenge. Love the story of your mom cooking. We all have some story about our moms and cooking.
Such a cute page.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Really cute page and great challenge!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Love this challenge!! Fun sketch! great example!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Great challenge! Your page is adorable! Loved the story about your mom’s cooking!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

I used papers and embellishments from a kit called My Sanctuary. It is definitely not what is called for when scrapping baby pictures.
ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Ural wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:30 pm Image

I used papers and embellishments from a kit called My Sanctuary. It is definitely not what is called for when scrapping baby pictures.
No, but it works beautifully. Great job with the challenge!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Ural: what a pretty page. the papers work great for the photo of this wee little one
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Amy Jo
Guest Designer

Post by Amy Jo »

Here’s mine! I used springtime papers (Butterflies paper pad from Park Lane) for my autumn layout.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Members completing this challenge are -

1 - Patti
2 - Ural
3 - Amy Jo
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “November 2022 - It's Turkey Time”