November 30, 2022 Wreath

It's Turkey Time so let's talk Turkey.....Gobble, Gobble, Gobble. Join us all month long as we post Challenges using our Favorite Holiday Recipes!
Lolis
Challenge Team

November 30, 2022 Wreath

Post by Lolis »

It's Turkey Time so let's talk Turkey . . . . Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

This month is all about this fine butterball and his sidekicks also known as cranberries, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, corn, stuffing, and lots of pie. We will be enjoying delicious challenges based upon your favorite Thanksgiving recipes so get your fat pants out and get ready to be stuffed! This is your opportunity to not only get some great layouts done but to also get some great recipes from our design team.

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

*Winner will be chosen via Random.Org.

For our last challenge of the month, I’m sharing this amazing recipe from Pampered Chef. It is so delicious and festive! When I used to sell the products, this dish was always the star of the show!

TURKEY CRANBERRY WREATH

LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING TURKEY? CREATE THIS IMPRESSIVE WREATH FEATURING A WARM CRANBERRY-STUDDED TURKEY FILLING.

INGREDIENTS
2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 cups (12 ounces) chopped cooked turkey
1/2 cup sliced celery
3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 egg
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. With wide ends of triangles toward the center, arrange 8 triangles in a circle on a Pizza Stone. Corners of wide ends will touch and points will extend 1 inch beyond edge of baking stone. Arrange remaining 8 triangles in center, matching wide ends. Seal seams using Baker’s Roller®. (Points will overlap in center; do not seal.)

Place mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper in Classic Batter Bowl. Chop turkey using Food Chopper. Slice celery using Chef’s Knife. Snip parsley using Professional Shears. Add turkey, celery, parsley and cranberries to batter bowl. Grate cheese into batter bowl using Rotary Grater. Mix filling using Small Mix ’N Scraper®. Using Medium Scoop, scoop filling over seams of dough, forming a circle.

Coarsely chop walnuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over filling. Beginning in center, lift one dough triangle across filling mixture. Continue alternating with outer triangles, slightly overlapping to form wreath. Tuck last end under first.

Separate egg over Small Batter Bowl using Egg Separator. (Discard yolk or set aside for another use.) Lightly beat egg white; brush over dough using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve using Nylon Slice 'N Serve®.

The challenge:
Create a wreath on your layout. You can use shapes, cut outs, diecuts, stamping, buttons, or a page that already has a wreath design on it. I used lots of the ephemera pieces I received as a price from Patti for completing the Crop Chef Challenges. They were just perfect for my wreath. Also, since this recipe always shines, add something sparkly to your layout. I added Nuvo glitter dots.
Enjoy!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Re: November 30, 2022 Wreath

Post by Patti »

Lolis, when I was selecting prizes these die cuts just screamed your name to me. I love seeing the wonderful LO you made with them. Wonderful challenge and LO!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Lolis. LOVE it. The recipe and certainly the page! Love the fall theme and the wreath. so cute
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Love your wreath! Great idea to use die cuts for it! Your recipe sounds yummy!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

That is the best holiday wreath! Great page!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

ImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Ural: how creative. Love the wreath
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Ural wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:51 pm Image
Ural, this is very pretty! Love the wreath!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
scrappy.boymama
Challenge Team

Post by scrappy.boymama »

I added wink of Stella to the red pieces for the sparkle

- Brandi :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team