9-2-23 Alliances

Join us all month long as we play our version of the Emmy Award-winning series show Survivor! The ultimate goal is the same - to Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast . . and ultimately be crowned Sole Survivor.
Patti
Site Admin

9-2-23 Alliances

Post by Patti »

September 2023 - Survivor

Join us all month long as we play our version of the Emmy Award-winning series show Survivor! The ultimate goal is the same - to Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast . . and ultimately be crowned Sole Survivor..

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

One of the first things that takes place on Survivor is establishing Alliances....who are you going to trust and rely on to help you stay in the challenge? Choosing wisely is extremely important.

Today's challenge is one about FRIENDSHIP.
1. You will need to choose pictures that show a relationship between people.
2. Now you are going to make a choice. You can take the easy route or you can take a more difficult one. The easy will be to just create a LO on FRIENDSHIP. The difficult one is explained below.

I created this LO for a challenge in August of last year. As I was going through pictures, I noticed that I still had 3 more pictures printed from the same day so I decided to do a second LO.... problem was I only had scraps of some of the original papers, and now that there was going to be a second page I needed to somehow tie them together with the title, theme, etc.

So here is the more difficult challenge. Create an alliance between 2 LOS...an old one and a new one. As we saw on Survivor, the harder workers stayed longer plus they learned and grew from the harder challenges.
No pressure...it's your choice. Remember we scrap for fun and to learn and try new things...so have fun!

Here's my new LO.

Even though the LOs have pictures and papers that are the same, they are each unique just like the people in your FRIENDSHIPS.
I did tie them together through the titles... A Few of My Favorite (printed on the paper of the first LO) Happy Memories.
Last edited by Patti on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: 92-23 Alliances

Post by Deanna13 »

Wonderful layouts and challenge, Patti! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Beautiful layouts and great challenge!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Wow, Patti. Love both your pages. Love how you gave us a choice to go easy or struggle a bit.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

friends
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

This is a layout I did MANY years ago. I love the twisted border but it is too labor intensive to do very often
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Ural wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:27 pm Image

This is a layout I did MANY years ago. I love the twisted border but it is too labor intensive to do very often
Wonderful! I love that border.....tell us how you mak t!
Patti

Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

I punch circles in four colors and then cut each circle into quarters. Just follow the pattern being careful to keep the colors in the same order. Simple enough but also time consuming.
ImageImageImageImage
lilkoala3
Prep Cook

Post by lilkoala3 »

I think I have an idea for this, actually! I just finished a layout about my girls' first blanket fort. But then I found pictures of the first pathetic little fort I made for my first daughter to keep her entertained during COVID. I think I'll scrapbook the photos using the same collection and call it "Blanket Fort 1.0." Or maybe "The original blanket fort." Or something like that. Would that work?
Leslie

ImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

lilkoala3 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:41 pm I think I have an idea for this, actually! I just finished a layout about my girls' first blanket fort. But then I found pictures of the first pathetic little fort I made for my first daughter to keep her entertained during COVID. I think I'll scrapbook the photos using the same collection and call it "Blanket Fort 1.0." Or maybe "The original blanket fort." Or something like that. Would that work?
That will be just fine...can't wait to see it. I'm sure they will be as beautiful as all of your other LOs.
Patti

Return to “September 2023 - Survivor”