10-6-23 Old Things

Join us all month long as we take a trip to the Museum – we’ll visit the many exhibitions on display while preserving, collecting, interpreting and displaying objects of artistic, cultural, and scientific significance!
Patti
Site Admin

10-6-23 Old Things

Post by Patti »

October 2023 - Night at the Museum

Join us all month long as we take a trip to the Museum – we’ll visit the many exhibitions on display while preserving, collecting, interpreting and displaying objects of artistic, cultural, and scientific significance!.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

Today's challenge took on a life of its own. This LO started out as my submission for this challenge http://www.cookinupcreations.net/forum/ ... 226&t=9618 but Oct.3 came along sooner than the time I had to finish it so I decided to form it into a new challenge. My original design consisted of the matted picture, the doily, the feathers and rhinestones, the journaling card, and the horizontal strips of paper across the page. I had started stitching the circles and that's when I ran out of time. As I started working on today's challenge I received a phone call from a friend asking me for the use of my extra bedrooms to house some guests that were coming in for her 70th birthday and that meant my scrapping plans changed really fast. So, I grabbed the partially finished LO and started thinking about how I could use it for today's challenge and this is what I came up with. Museums are filled with old things, and many of those things come from around the world, they have been dug up, cleaned up, stitched up, and put on display for all of the visitors to look at the many things that make them worthy of being in a museum. Sooooo...are you ready?!!

TODAY'S CHALLENGE:
1.) You are to find something old. It can be a piece of paper, a picture, or even a partially finished card or LO. 2.) Now dig through your stash and find lots of round things...buttons, beads, brads, enamels, tags, clips, gems, zeros, etc. 3.) You know those stickers that you all said you have? Pull some out and use them. 4.) Lastly, I want to see some stitching of some form...machine, hand, stencil, rub-on, hand-drawn, etc.

You absolutely do not have to get as carried away as I did. Have fun!!!!

Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: 10-6-23 Old Things

Post by Tracy F »

What a fun layout and challenge!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I love it, Patti!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Love your layout!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

There is a sticker border along the right edge. It is white lace. Just didn't show up in the scan. The picture is old.
ImageImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

Old Stampin' Up! sticker on the bottom. I stitched the trail on the map with white thread. Round buttons.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Patti. Wow. Great challenge. Love everabout your page
Ural and Beth. Love your pages.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
lilkoala3
Prep Cook

Post by lilkoala3 »

This Elsa paper is sooooo old! I stitched a frame around the photos and made little snowflakes, too. I used lots of enamel dots as my "round things."
Attachments
20231011_104813.jpg
20231011_104813.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 547 times
Leslie

ImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

cute page, Leslie
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

The pattern paper on the right is from 2000. The photos are from a day at the zoo in May 2010. The buttons are also over 30 years old. Thanks for the challenge

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “October 2023 - Night at the Museum”