1/19 Summer

Join us all month long as we take time to appreciate the Four Seasons of the Year.
Tamara
Challenge Team

1/19 Summer

Post by Tamara »

We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts." ~ William Hazlett

Most people focus on the beauty of nature. However, Mother Nature touches us much more deeply. Nature isn’t about how it looks. Instead, nature is about how it makes us feel and how it touches us deep in our hearts. .
Join us all month long as we post challenges based on the the Glorious Beauty of Mother Nature and her Four Seasons.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

With all this dreary snow I am ready for some bright sunny pages!

Your challenge today is to choose a summer activity to scrap and use some pinwheels and stickers
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: 1/19 Summer

Post by Deanna13 »

It's a great challenge and example, Tamara!! :)

I love the bright and cheery snow especially when I don't have to go anywhere. We got more snow overnight. Sadly some of my family are off to work this morning. Hope everyone is safe.
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

What a cute and bright 2 pager! Nice challenge Tamara!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

ah Tammy. pretty page. fun challenge. pinwheels..hmmm. I know I have some at home in NY. :roll:
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

phillisw wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:32 am ah Tammy. pretty page. fun challenge. pinwheels..hmmm. I know I have some at home in NY. :roll:
You can make them with a 2x2 piece of paper (or 3x3, however large you want them.) cut from the point of the square to the middle leaving a small space so it doesn't cut the middle. Then take the point of paper on the right side and fold it to the bottom on the left and secure it. turn it the same direction on all for sides and repeat. There you have a pinwheel. Add a dot or jewel in the center and tape it to a toothpick if you want or leave it like I did. I hope this is not confusing. I just wrote it from my mind. Let me know if you have any questions.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

phillisw wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:32 am ah Tammy. pretty page. fun challenge. pinwheels..hmmm. I know I have some at home in NY. :roll:
I just quickly made a guide for you! check out the post Pinwheel Guide in scrapbooking chatter
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine using Summer Activity (Swimming), Pinwheels (by the title and tiny ones on the tag beside), lots of Stickers. :)

Photos of sweet grandsons Travis and Evan at the pool, July 2023. :)
Summer
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

ah cute page, Deanna
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
lilkoala3
Prep Cook

Post by lilkoala3 »

Pinwheel pp, lots of stickers, and summer activity (ice cream on the first day of school!)
Attachments
20240124_144827.jpg
20240124_144827.jpg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 209 times
Leslie

ImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

ah, another great page, Leslie!!!
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage